Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Bathurst day everyone

Ok. Its here again. My favorite day of the year is apon us again. Xmas & birthdays are nothing special compared to the biggest race day of the year.
Who will win? Who will crash? How many laps before SM's car stops for good at the top of the mountain?
Time to get out of bed. Put on your colours and spend the day cheering for your team whilst wishing bad luck on the opposition. My lucky Holden shirt us ready and waiting. Have a great day guys.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,216 Posts
A shame Lowndse is driving with Whingecup. :cry: Not doubt Whingecup will try and drive past the Pace Car again or hit the wall when under pressure. 🤣 Good to see both of Betties cars in the top ten, even if they are Camodes.

Foo

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,534 Posts
If that 'thing' that was designed in a computer that wears a mustang badge doesn't win, I'll be amazed.

I think the only thing it shares with a road going mustang is the door handles, the front badge, the rear lights and the name.

Holden doesn't stand a chance.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,216 Posts
If that 'thing' that was designed in a computer that wears a mustang badge doesn't win, I'll be amazed.

I think the only thing it shares with a road going mustang is the door handles, the front badge, the rear lights and the name.

Holden doesn't stand a chance.
Roland Dane doesn't have the monopoly on the V8s anymore and the Commodes aren't anything like the street cars neither, so I'ts balanced out from my perspective. :)

Foo

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
11,830 Posts
What time is race start qld time??

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,216 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,534 Posts
If you want to watch a race dominated by a car that has overwhelmingly superiority,

Easy= bring back the Nissan GTR.

Godzilla.

And you can buy one. If you have the coin.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a the stage now where all cars should be exactly the same to watch the talent.
We already have tha in Porsche cup, which makes this redundant.
They are supposed to have parady but it is very obvious that the Mustangs have a unfair advantage this season. Yes drivers like SM are very fast and talented but the speed difference between him and drivers like JW tells a story.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,216 Posts
It's a the stage now where all cars should be exactly the same to watch the talent.
We already have tha in Porsche cup, which makes this redundant.
But they have the same running gear and the motors are virtually the same in output unlike in the old days where Ford had 302 & 351 in Clevelands and Windsors and Hold had 307 308 327 & 350, so I don't have a problem with the format as it is, from that point of view. ;) It has always been a sport of the engineer tuners, suspension & tyre blokes with the best knowledge in reading what will work the best for the Track n Drivers got the results, if reliability wasn't a problem.

Foo

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you want to watch a race dominated by a car that has overwhelmingly superiority,

Godzilla.

Holden still beat them. The BS rules allowed them to win even though the car was totaled at the top of the mountain.
Yes I'm was one of the "aholes" booing one of my all time favorite drivers.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,216 Posts

Godzilla.

And the Commodes didn't have that in the past years? :rolleyes: The Skyline was within the rules of the time, so it didn't bother me. Yeah they were quick but others still beat them and then there was the Ford Sierra Cosworth that also raced under the same rules.

Foo

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,534 Posts

Godzilla.

And you can buy one. If you
But they have the same running gear and the motors are virtually the same in output unlike in the old days where Ford had 302 & 351 in Clevelands and Windsors and Hold had 307 308 327 & 350, so I don't have a problem with the format as it is, from that point of view. ;) It has always been a sport of the engineer tuners, suspension & tyre blokes with the best knowledge in reading what will work the best for the Track n Drivers got the results, if reliability wasn't a problem.

Foo

But it's not.

The mustang has huge aero benefit.
The days like Larry Perkins engineering devolping their own cars are long gone. This is just rubbish.

Bring back group C racing where the term win on Sunday buy on Monday meant something.

Only problem is we don't have a car industry in Australia, only a design team that thinks a Ford Ranger is a good car.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,534 Posts
And the Commodes didn't have that in the past years? :rolleyes: The Skyline was within the rules of the time, so it didn't bother me. Yeah they were quick but others still beat them and then there was the Ford Sierra Cosworth that also raced under the same rules.

Foo
Only reason they got beat because they added weight to handicap them.

Wonder how SM would take a couple of bags of cement in the boot for parady purposese

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Foo
Brock made the Found On Rubbish Dump 351s look slow in his 186 powered piece of automotive excellence.
That was one of my earliest memories of Bathurst and the reason I bought a Torana for my first car. I could build one of those red motors in under 2hrs back in the day. Simplisity with performance.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,216 Posts

Godzilla.

And you can buy one. If you

But it's not.

The mustang has huge aero benefit.
The days like Larry Perkins engineering devolping their own cars are long gone. This is just rubbish.

Bring back group C racing where the term win on Sunday buy on Monday meant something.

Only problem is we don't have a car industry in Australia, only a design team that thinks a Ford Ranger is a good car.
So the wind tunnel testing of the both cars, show a huge difference in the aero package? What's the Pom going to race next, a Comaro or a Corvette or another German made export for Holden? All Teams sign off on the packages before the changes are allowed but the Pom started whinging after the season had already started, because he couldn't dominate like previous years.

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,259 Posts

Foo
Have not been a fan of the V8 Supercars, as you say they are basically the same in many respects, but also do not represent anything in the market place, which I think is quite sad, the old saying from manufacturers was 'race on sunday, sell on monday'.

On the other side it is well known that how a car performs is made up of 90% car and 10% driver. I will eagerly watch the first half dozen laps, turn TV off and watch the last half dozen laps and see who has withstood the age old race of attrition ;).

1 - 20 of 242 Posts