Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Bathurst 2019

13K views 254 replies 21 participants last post by  45/70 
#1 ·
Happy Bathurst day everyone [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Ok. Its here again. My favorite day of the year is apon us again. Xmas & birthdays are nothing special compared to the biggest race day of the year.
Who will win? Who will crash? How many laps before SM's car stops for good at the top of the mountain?[emoji41]
Time to get out of bed. Put on your colours and spend the day cheering for your team whilst wishing bad luck on the opposition. My lucky Holden shirt us ready and waiting. Have a great day guys.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#2 ·
A shame Lowndse is driving with Whingecup. :cry: Not doubt Whingecup will try and drive past the Pace Car again or hit the wall when under pressure. 🤣 Good to see both of Betties cars in the top ten, even if they are Camodes.

Foo

#4 ·
If that 'thing' that was designed in a computer that wears a mustang badge doesn't win, I'll be amazed.

I think the only thing it shares with a road going mustang is the door handles, the front badge, the rear lights and the name.

Holden doesn't stand a chance.
Roland Dane doesn't have the monopoly on the V8s anymore and the Commodes aren't anything like the street cars neither, so I'ts balanced out from my perspective. :)

Foo

Reactions: trev zd30
#11 ·
They are supposed to have parady but it is very obvious that the Mustangs have a unfair advantage this season. Yes drivers like SM are very fast and talented but the speed difference between him and drivers like JW tells a story.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#31 ·
Something to ponder during the day. Taking outright speed on straights out of the equation and just concentrating on cornering dynamics, for a vehicle with a lap time of 2min 3.8 seconds to knock 1 second off that lap time it needs to go through all the corners an average of 0.043seconds faster, the average timespan of a blink is 0.1sec.

#35 ·
And they're on the grid!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#40 ·
Time to turn tv off and go and do something, poor babies, can you imagine doing Bathurst without a cool suit or carbon monoxide fans? What a terrible thought!

#41 ·
😂 breed them soft these days!

#42 ·
How's that, Jim Richards isn't there, for the first time in 45yrs! :eek:

Foo

Reactions: trev zd30
#44 ·
Some of the tactical variables surfacing now. Have to be a decent error for it not to be a Mustang 123, they are just so quick :cautious:

Reactions: Foo
#45 ·
It's a long way to go, to be gettin c.ocky yet. :unsure: I like to sit n pray for things to go well in this race. ;)

Foo

#46 ·
Well it won’t be the driver that had carbon monoxide poisoning, or was it carbon dioxide poisoning from the dry ice.

Reactions: Foo
#47 ·
That’s a pretty flash way to change the brake pads, do the whole lot at once. How long before all teams do this?

#51 ·
And why, would you do that FFS? Do you walk in and do the same to her? :unsure:

Foo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.