Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at replacing AUX. battery, need 120 amp AGM for running fridge ( evacool 60lt )

Power sonic seem to be about mid range, followed by Fullriver then Thumper.

any info on what brand to buy for longevity. :rolleyes:

cheers Shane.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
where are you going to mount it? Car or trailer or in the rear of the car?

The 120AH fullriver wont fit a std size battery tray, the 105 will *just*.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fitting it in the back of wagon.

Cheers.

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
fullriver seem to be getting a pretty good plug lately and its what im hoping to get very soon before my next trip away(which happens to be in 5 weeks:() so i need to start saving.

·
Registered
9,501 Posts
Optima are very good but expensive and I don't think they or many others make a 120ah.
Go the Fullriver.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, " ritar are another" $295 is not bad but $300.00 is all Im paying for the fullriver 120amp. so will go with that.

Cheers Shane.

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Has anyone used these yet, what are they like? did I just buy a lemon?
Get some of the juice out from inside and drop it in your eye... if it stings like a bitch its a lemon...

Nah, I haven't seen many/any Ritar Batteries around in vehicles etc but they have a good rep and are quite common in commercial UPS and Communications applications.

So you should be OK.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
Has anyone used these yet, what are they like? did I just buy a lemon?
well i have 4 of them , the oldest is about 5 years old and is connected to the camping fridge 24/7 topped up during the day via solar checked the voltage last night at around 10 pm and the battery voltage was still at 13 volts, when i have all 4 inside and all panels hooked up at home it also runs the house fridge 24/7 through an inverter , although another solar panel would be better for faster top ups during the day

1 - 11 of 11 Posts