Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
obi 1 patientnewby !
nissan
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those members that have the second battery in the back of there wagon, how did you pass the cables through the fire wall?

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,424 Posts
Went under the car and came up in the cargo area. Use rubber grommets in the holes you drill to protect cables.

·
obi 1 patientnewby !
nissan
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, lots more options than I thought.
Keep the ideas coming

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,064 Posts
Cable glands are the best in my opinion, as they provide a waterproof seal for the cable, and also on the surface they mount to.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Went under the car and came up in the cargo area. Use rubber grommets in the holes you drill to protect cables.
This. Keeps the car safe in event of a short or high current issue.
I used to run the cable(s) on top on top of chassis where there was room , Clamped with those rubber lined clamps.
I have in the past also used the same chassis rail for the earth wire with double bolted connectors tapped into chassis.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,064 Posts
Is it ok to drill into the chassis?
That depends on where you do it. On a flat section with no extra structure there it should be ok. The chassis has lots of holes in it already. Keep away from any structure, such as crossmembers or corners.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,677 Posts
I ran a good quality cable through a pre-existing hole in the firewall on the passenger side, near the aircon fan. From there you can run it in the gutter underneath the plastic steps right the way to the rear wheel arch.
That's what I did also. (y)

Foo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts