Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Been looking everywhere for a picture of a GQ wagon with a dual battery tray in the rear cargo area, he had removed the interior panels and made the batteries fit half into this space - can anyone point me to the post/picture - been looking all over the place.

Thanks in advance
Rokkitt

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Cant see how 2 batteries would fit. They musta been small and you have have to cut away some inner panel work which isn't ideal. The passenger rear quarter is taken up with the jack and its mounting anyway so one wouldn't fit in there.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I think it was through the floor under the back seat on the drivers side.

·
Registered
nissan
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are small, spiral wound Exides from my Land Rover.
Got the panels off and there seems to be plenty of room, just can't find the guy who's already done it - sure he was on this forum.

Cant see how 2 batteries would fit. They musta been small and you have have to cut away some inner panel work which isn't ideal. The passenger rear quarter is taken up with the jack and its mounting anyway so one wouldn't fit in there.

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Hi,

Been looking everywhere for a picture of a GQ wagon with a dual battery tray in the rear cargo area, he had removed the interior panels and made the batteries fit half into this space - can anyone point me to the post/picture - been looking all over the place.

Thanks in advance
Rokkitt

I remember seeing it, just cant remember where, im sure it was here somewhere.

·
Registered
nissan
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean cut a hole in the floor, and fit a lowered body section - would be awesome but that's prolly beyond my skill set..:)

I think it was through the floor under the back seat on the drivers side.

·
Registered
nissan
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Searching but getting no where...gggrr

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Nah, your right about two wetties not fitting...

The Project I remember was only one battery and it might have been smaller than N70 as well. The jack holder was gone and jack was moved I reckon. It was about 2 maybe 3 years ago and caught my eye because of the water tank with the filler on the top of the "shelf" and the tap at the LH rear door which I thought was clever thinking.

Anyway, as you say, Sudso would take a bit of fabricating and chippy work but has been done I'm sure

·
Registered
nissan
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Madriver911, your a legend...thanks.

Rokkitt

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
Here is my effort. I had some existing drawers and fridge cage so I just put a shelf off the cage for the battery to sit on. Its just ratchet straped to some tie down points at the moment but I'll put a proper battery clamp on there when I get a chance.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Here is my effort. I had some existing drawers and fridge cage so I just put a shelf off the cage for the battery to sit on. Its just ratchet straped to some tie down points at the moment but I'll put a proper battery clamp on there when I get a chance.

Luke, I did much the same. I've got 2 100AH gel batteries between the cargo barrier and the drawers I made. they are mounted in a frame welded to the front of the drawers and have been in there for 50000kms now without dramas.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts