Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A cyclist who was run down with another rider in Secret Harbour today was dragged more than 100m by the four-wheel-drive. The RAC rescue helicopter was sent to the scene to transport the seriously injured rider to Royal Perth Hospital.
The crash took place on Mandurah Road, near Anstey Road, and forced the closure of the busy thoroughfare in both directions.
Police say the cyclists were riding in the Mandurah Road bike lane when they were hit by a Nissan Patrol from behind.
One rider became trapped under the vehicle - leaving him with serious injuries after being dragged more than 100m.
The second rider was taken by ambulance to Rockingham Hospital.

Cyclist dragged 100m down road by 4x4 in Secret Harbour | Perth Now

:confused:

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Look i'll probably get flamed for this comment, i don't care. I know cyclists have a right to the road but fark me, they are dangerous as hell when they ride in those large groups. Traffic has to swerve to avoid these guys. Most guys in the left lane will swerve into the right without even looking.

In my opinion, they are a menace to road safety.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Thought cyclists have to ride in single file amongst traffic ???

Here we go again,baggin out 4x4s !!!

Was it the cars fault or the cyclists fault ???

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

I would like to know if the cyclist hit was in the cycle lane ( as said ) or the main road in a group as these idiots tend to. The guys on mountain bikes, they stay out of the way. Road bikes quite a different story. They are happy to block traffic, run red lights and other stuff. Yet when it suits them they claim to have a right to the road. sorry, cant have it both ways. Apart from most being arrogant D H's they would be more use to society as speed bumps. As you would guess I like many friends have had " encounters " with these pecker-heads. Why can they race on a public road and we cant ?

A mate on a motor-bike was run off the road by a support vehicle in one of these races. Came right at him on the wrong side of the road to force him off. WTF ?

Stick to a velodrome.

Regards B M

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
I both cycle and 4x4, and it's blood scary on the roads sometimes - I only ride on the road when there's either a dedicated path, or it's a residental street. Defnitely not going to touch the freeway, and I hate the thought of joining a group of arrogant *****s.

Heard on the radio that the driver fell asleep at the wheel, hence why he cleaned them both up.

Mind you, I've got a friend who was intentionally run off the road when he was cycling, or should I say ground into it - was jammed between the car and gutter, shattered both wrists, other fractures, lots of pain.

Simple fact is, anyone who uses the roads is an arsehole. Trust noone.

·
Ring In..... for now
nissan
282 Posts
^^^ Wat he said!

I hit the trifecta - cycle, 4x4 & motorbike! Only one I need for the quinella is truck ( & I'll get that someday too)

I expect everyone on the road to do whatever is the worst possible option relative to what would be good for me or the collective & drive accordingly. Rarely am I disappointed!!

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Fit a bigger bullbar and turn up the tunes, run through a whole convoy without even as much as a scratch..........

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Thought cyclists have to ride in single file amongst traffic ???

Here we go again,baggin out 4x4s !!!

Was it the cars fault or the cyclists fault ???
Cars fault... two cyclists, 100KPH major arterial... as much as they **** me I feel for the cyclist in this one, he didn't have a chance. The cyclists were one behind the other in the cycle lane (Road is a dual divided carriageway with emergecncy lane and cycle lanes either side IE bl00dy wide) on a slow RH bend. The Patrol came from behind drifted over the unbroken lines and into the cycle lane, sideswiped the rear dude and nailed the front dude.

Coppers are almost positive the driver dozed off at the wheel, if he hadn't of nailed the bike he would have prob gone up an embankment and trashed himself... hell of a snooze alarm.

I went thru literally seconds before it happened and the CB started to arc up about it. Hot sunny day, perfect weather and visibility.

·
Banned
682 Posts
Sounds like it was just unlucky the driver was in a 4wd, wonder if they would have made the point if it was a falcon or crummiedore

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
hehehehe

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
we had a cyclist get hit by a ford falcon the other day up the road from my place, it killed that bloke...

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
Yeh because bike riding is so safe.

I always wonder why the hell people ride their bikes on the road to get fit when its highly likely they'll be killed in doing so.

What's the point?? Stay fat and die. The heart attack might be less painful?

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
There are ********s in both cars and on push bikes but although alot of the comments are like 'fit a bigger bullbar' just imagine how many of you would be getting annoyed if it was a truck that ran a patrol off the road. I ride to work occasionally and stay out of the way of traffic as much as I can but there are alot of idiots on the road.

·
Registered
NIssan
882 Posts
Agreed with the comments on expect everyone to be out to get you, at least half the time I am right.

I have noted the one sidedness of news stories for a while, if it is a car it barely gets a mention (and if it does it's just 'car' if it is a 4x4 they ALWAYS say as such or even say the type, they rarely specify the type of car in any reports unless the occupant of the car was seriously hurt.)

It's interesting that you rarely hear of cyclists/pedestrians getting hit by cars, and if you hear of someone reversing over a kid in the driveway it's AWAYS a 4x4 that is responsible

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Sounds like it was just unlucky the driver was in a 4wd, wonder if they would have made the point if it was a falcon or crummiedore
Yeah, if only... the scum sucking media parasites over here make sure that doesn't happen.

The same day 2 people died and 4 were injured in a crash that closed the NW Coastal Highway so the RFDS could land planes on the road to medevac the poor buggers who survived.

The Cyclist incident got heaps more coverage on the news websites and several hundred comments, the double fatal north of Nanutarra stayed up for an hour or so and got... wait for it... 9 comments before they took it down.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Look i'll probably get flamed for this comment, i don't care. I know cyclists have a right to the road but fark me, they are dangerous as hell when they ride in those large groups. Traffic has to swerve to avoid these guys. Most guys in the left lane will swerve into the right without even looking.

In my opinion, they are a menace to road safety.

SORRY NO FLAMING!!!!!!!!!!!
This may bring the wrath of hell on both of us! but the other day while at home driving down a country road come over a crest to find 5 idiot cyclist riding/cruising down the hill at minimal speed yet if I hit them I'm at fault:ranting:
Then there is the 4 out of 5 idiots I see when heading to airport to flyout that ress in dark colours at 4am riding 2 wide with the traffic up the highway in a 90km/h zone

SORRY NO SYMPATHY FOR CYCLIST:crazy:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I think people get a bit sensitive on this.

If it was a car then I'm sure they'd report it as a car, if it was a train they would have said a train, if it was a truck they'd report that. This one was a 4WD and that's what they reported.

There are heaps of stories about commodores in the papers (usually P plate related).

·
Registered
338 Posts
Greetings Gents,
didn't the original post say they were in the "Mandurah road bike lane?
Please explain to me then how it was the bike riders fault.
Not all 4x4 drivers drive like they don't own the road.
Some pretty harsh comments from some.
truck

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Yeah, a few too many people are getting antsy about cyclists in general.

Considering they were on a dedicated cycle path which is separated from the road by an emergency lane, there's no reason to get angry at them.

What if it was a mum and her kid that'd broken down and were parked in the emergency lane, and they were the ones that'd been cleaned up? Bit of a different reaction if that were the case, I wager.

Damn sad they're playing up the 4x4 part :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts