Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Are there any beaches you can drive on in victoria.

I haven't done much exploring, but all the sand i've found so far is all part of Marine National Parks and your not allowed to drive on it.

I'm looking for someone to go on Australia day where I can pull my rig up on the beach, and park me ass there all day long.

Can anywhere in VIC accommodate my needs here? lol

TF

·
Registered
205 Posts
Beaches in Vic are for fishing and surfing. Only Beach driving I am aware of is the dunes down at Portland is a long way from Tynong North for a day trip!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Beachport in SA is the go.. Take a 5 days off and do it. More beach than you can handle.
1 day home to Beachport.
1 day Beachport to Carpenters Rocks or do nothing.
1 day Rest
1 day Beachport to Robe or go fishing on the pier - longest in sthrn hemisphere.
1 day Beachport to Home..

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
come to WA we can drive on just about any beaches we like .... for the time being

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
come to WA we can drive on just about any beaches we like .... for the time being
What you havent been told yet that everytime you walk on let alone drive on sand you kill some non rare microbe? My god!!!

·
Registered
731 Posts

Didn't know you had detention centres in WA. How many refugees can you fit in that thing? It looks like a nissen hut ... ah, now I know why you bought it ;)

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Beachport in SA is the go.. Take a 5 days off and do it. More beach than you can handle.
1 day home to Beachport.
1 day Beachport to Carpenters Rocks or do nothing.
1 day Rest
1 day Beachport to Robe or go fishing on the pier - longest in sthrn hemisphere.
1 day Beachport to Home..
Have to agree with Truckster Robe and surrounding area is well worth it. I have been to Robe twice in my Pathfinder yet to take the Patrol there.

The Local 4WD club has awesome maps of the all the tracks I would like to go again and take some more time exploring more tracks.

I would also suggest the run from Salt Creek to Kingston as well. You can feel like you are on a deserted beach through this area and can camp there as well. Only negative is the wind.

You will be well and truly over sand after Robe and you will be cleaning sand out of the car for the next 6 months!

Cheers

Justin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts