Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone..
While installing my new hub I have come into a bit of trouble. After taking the bearings out of it I now need to remove the metal thing that holds the bearing in place inside the hub (see pick 1 its the bit thats the differece between the photos)

Is there an easy way to remove it I can't work out how to get it out... :confused:

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
472 Posts
Its the outer bearing race, how did you did you get the other three races out?
See the two slots opposite of each other. thats where you need to place a drift and tap it out with a hammer
Alternate between the two slots as you go to help keep the bearing race straight as you drive it out.

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the outer bearing race, how did you did you get the other three races out?
See the two slots opposite of each other. thats where you need to place a drift and tap it out with a hammer
Alternate between the two slots as you go to help keep the bearing race straight as you drive it out.
The othersides still in... I must just need to give it a harder wack! Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
347 Posts
A tip 4 free

What I do is knock the old races out of the hub as described above , and then cut those inner races ( old ones) with a angle grinder , You are turfing them anyway.
As you cut them they very slightly shrink , with the pressure off them , and there you have a
big spacer if you like, that you use to bang the new ones in without damage.
And the end of the job , keep in the shed for mates or for the next time for yourself.
This isnt mine but you get the idea.

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that but im actually replacing the hub and not the bearing after this happening last weekend haha

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts