Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon during a short trip every time I applied the brakes on my 1996 TD42 there was a continuous beep noise. After a 30 min break, the next time I drove - no beeps.
Any ideas what this might be? My search of the forum and my workshop manuals has not made me any the wiser.
cheers

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
This afternoon during a short trip every time I applied the brakes on my 1996 TD42 there was a continuous beep noise. After a 30 min break, the next time I drove - no beeps.
Any ideas what this might be? My search of the forum and my workshop manuals has not made me any the wiser.
cheers
Is your GQ an import?
I ask because my shorty GQ was a Safari import and had some funny beep warnings.

The set speed alert beep over 100kmh just about drove me insane as I live in the country and travel 110kmh zones daily. Found the bastard thing behind the instrument cluster and cut the wires on it. Quite a big job on the side of the road in 40 degrees heat. It's amazing what you can do 5 hours into a 10 hour drive with that thing beeping.

Who knows it could be a low brake fluid warning if it is an import. I wish I could remember exactly when I used to get my beeps but I can't. It didn't happen very often and was a long time ago. I can however say it was usually a warning.

Then again maybe you just picked up a bit of crap between the pads and rotors which made a noise which resonated through the car and sounded like a beeping noise. Sometimes it takes a while for the obstruction to dislodge or wear away. Usually this noise though is a squeal or grinding one not a continuous beep.

I'm just thinking while I type and have had another thought. It couldn't be a vacuum leak could it? The power assist utilizes a vacuum pump. Any small leak in a vacuum system can make some crazy noises which could easily be heard as a continuous beep.

Anyway if it only happens once and never again as suggested blame your mates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts