Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
thanks mate. its slowly getting there. Time for patrol is always at a minimum unfortunately. but hopefully this little tinker will get all the mechanical stuff sorted with maybe the exception of having the revalve the shocks to suit the new springs.
then ill get the body sorted, cab chop and respray. then hopefully its finished if thats ever possible haha.

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Few picks of what ive done to replace the original noisy af rose joints in the back shocks. the old srcs still going strong but the noise them bushes make drives you nuts.
basically just matched up a generic shock bush from superpro. pushed out the old rose joints. "milled" the retaining lip out of the bosses and then just press the new bushes back in. easy enough to do. just make to get a few washers to space them out on the mounts though as they are a bit thin. hopefully it lasts ok as the bushes are a little thin compared to a factory shock setup.
But it cant be worse than the noise.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
oh and i cannot wait to see the end of the pile of junk springs that im pulling out. be gone, be gone.
oh and a quick pic of me playing tonka trucks the other day.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
well. after two years straight of a landslide win at the annual show and shine for most popular rig ever (read roughest rig) might finally be starting pretty soon to take the old girl to the next level.
im always late to the party but i have a borg warner turbo on its way. (has been since easter)
But the most exciting news is that hopefully soon will be hacking into the old beast. chopping the back off (no more roughest rig tropheys for me) and extending the wheelbase 600mm. build a slide on camper suitable for the 3 of us. and eventually do away with the camper trailer so i can tow the buggy away on trips. and no more towing for quick weekenders away.
so excited. cant wait.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Sounds good I've always had this in my head for the wagon too, plus its abit of an incentive if you have abit of rail rust like I do at the back 👍

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,239 Posts
well. after two years straight of a landslide win at the annual show and shine for most popular rig ever (read roughest rig) might finally be starting pretty soon to take the old girl to the next level.
im always late to the party but i have a borg warner turbo on its way. (has been since easter)
But the most exciting news is that hopefully soon will be hacking into the old beast. chopping the back off (no more roughest rig tropheys for me) and extending the wheelbase 600mm. build a slide on camper suitable for the 3 of us. and eventually do away with the camper trailer so i can tow the buggy away on trips. and no more towing for quick weekenders away.
so excited. cant wait.
Sounds good. What buggy do you have?

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Sounds good I've always had this in my head for the wagon too, plus its abit of an incentive if you have abit of rail rust like I do at the back 👍
i dont really have any rust. but both back quarters have gone 12 rounds with mike tyson, flairs are missing. rough as hell taillight holders. she looks rough from the back

Sounds good. What buggy do you have?
polaris xp1000 rzr. 2015 model. its the ducks guts ey. so much fun when out on properties camping.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,239 Posts
polaris xp1000 rzr. 2015 model. its the ducks guts ey. so much fun when out on properties camping.
Nice. My mate has a RZR570. I have a wolverine x2 Rspec 850. Mine is technically (cough cough) a farm vehicle. They are fun.

I spend more time on sxs sites now than here lol.

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Nice. My mate has a RZR570. I have a wolverine x2 Rspec 850. Mine is technically (cough cough) a farm vehicle. They are fun.

I spend more time on sxs sites now than here lol.
Haha yes mine ticks the box as a worl vehicle for farm breakdowns lol. I do work on the odd farm so good enough for me.
And i havent got to much into it yet. Mine was fairly well modded when i bought it so its really just upkeep but man i hanging to get it out again.

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
not really. flicking thru dont think i mentioned the radflo shocks i put on it around chrissie 2019. still havent chopped it. when i have the time i dont have the cash. when i have the cash i dont have the time haha.
but the borg warner turbo is on and running. need to build a new exhaust as the old ones rusted out. going to use alluminum for something different. but dont drive or use it to much. would of been lucky to do 5000km last year. and be a few months before it goes anywhere again any time soon. so kinda just sits out the front at the moment. id love to put a bit of effort back into the old girl. she is due some loven.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts