Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Bent EFS panard rod

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  LycraMooseKnuckle 
#1 ·
Hi on the weekend whilst 4wding up a hill climb i jumped out of the ruts, after reversing back onto the track and continuing on i noticed my steering wheel was 90° out!! Once at the top of the hill i seen that my front panard rod was looking bananaish!! So i ask has anyone else had this happen with the EFS one or any after market one??? Thanks tyson[IMG]http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l606/tys-87/2010-11-21182242.jpg[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
you pic doesn't work mate. . . and yes, iv bent all standard, steering rods and front and rear panhards before. also bent a snakeracing tie-rod once. . . normally happens to me if im rock crawling and my car drops on a rock, only to be supported by a rod or 2.

shouldnt bust anything if you are just dropping into a rutt, only real way of doing a panhard other than dropping it on something un-movable is, being recovered sideways ie: snatched by another car at close to 90degrees or winching the front around when your in a big rut. -but that usually cracks the welds on your panhard chassis mount bracket. not bend a panhard. . . . its a funny one tys.

#4 ·
Thought pic was working cos it comes up on my thread when i look!! Im using some tapa app on my phone!!I think truckster has fixed it!! He just reposted and it came up!!Cheers mate!! Efs rep doesnt want to replace it!! Not happy!! So looking into stronger one!! Just wait and see i guess. tys

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

#10 · (Edited)
The steering wheel didn't rip out of your hands when you jumped out of the ruts did it?
Tough Dog panhards
Tough dog panhards are bloody terrible. The stock front nissan panhard is stronger.

Have spoken to numerous people out and about here who have snapped and bent their "tough" dog panhards up here too. Coupled with poor quality bushings I can't see why anyone would want to risk it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.