Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Navara
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!
Need help! I just bought a gu ute and this what the front axle looks like! My suspected bent one is the one with iron man steering damper the other is my mates gu wagon frotn diff!

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
after checking if your wheel bearings are adjusted up, park the car on level concrete and stand back 20 meters and look from the front, if bent badly you should be able to see the wheel tilted in at the top. you can also use a large set square and put it up to the wheel rim and measure to top and bottom of rim.
cheers

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
Diff housing is bent going by photo can se it a mile away

·
Registered
nissan
729 Posts
I'd start looking for a second hand one, then strip out the good bits from yours and either sell them or keep as spares.

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
3 yrs ago a front housing was about 750 when i was managing a wrecking yard so hopefuly its cheaper now

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
At least it was 1 lady owner never thrashed lol
But seriously you would have to try pretty hard to bend the hosing surely.
Zappa

·
Registered
Nissan Navara
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all! i just wanted few opinions. but already checked 650 for bare diff housing, and i got a king pin overhaul kit, and few other bits so should be easy enough!

·
Registered
Nissan Navara
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At least it was 1 lady owner never thrashed lol
But seriously you would have to try pretty hard to bend the hosing surely.
Zappa
Yes a lady alright!
i boutght it of from a cattle station for cheap(2.5k) with over 10k spent on engine about 4 years ago.
So i think its still good buy

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Yes a lady alright!
i boutght it of from a cattle station for cheap(2.5k) with over 10k spent on engine about 4 years ago.
So i think its still good buy
By the looks the farm hands have had there fun with it ;)

now I'd be thinking if it,s been driven hard enough to bend the housing, what else is bent/cracked/smashed

·
Registered
nissan patrol
41 Posts
Yes that is my problem the wheel looks like this!
Man, didnt know patrols com out with IFS! LOL.
I feel your pain tho, mine isnt that bad but still bent all the same

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
My mates is as bad as that and he went to true track in bunbury and they quoted him $260 to straighten it and give it a wheel alignment. Thats if you live out this way.

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
you can have a go at straightening on the truck if you want. will try to describe how we do it.....
big piece of steel c section, 2 chains 20 tonne bottle jack.
under the diff place the steel, place chains at either end over the same dia tube sect of the diff and under the steel. place jack at the bent side of pumpkin and jack it up. you can actually watch the diff bending back into shape. have done this a few times and it has worked perfectly. hard to describe though sorry.

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
Mine is slightly bent as well .I am going to try what purplebus has said sounds like its worth a try. Is there any way of strengthening these with like welding flat bar across the top or the bottom any ideas ???

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
Mine is slightly bent as well .I am going to try what purplebus has said sounds like its worth a try. Is there any way of strengthening these with like welding flat bar across the top or the bottom any ideas ???
you can buy a brace kit from superior engineering that will help strengthen them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts