Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas,
Any recommendations on a after market radiator for a 4.2 turbo intercooled GU patrol ute? A brand thats easy to fit with minimal modifications (no mods would be better) and good reliability. Not on any budget so cost isn't an issue. My mate bought a Aussie desert cooler for his 80 series and the amount of modifications he had to do to get it to fit neatly was F&^*$# :headwall:. Any experience or knowledge to share would be very helpful. Thanks fellas. Sebdog.

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
how's it going mate i allso went through this problem changed radiator but went back to my original got it rodded and changed the aircon cut out switch on the radiator it now runs fine it allows the temp to get a bit hotter before the aircon trips out and i still have the aftermarket radiator in the shed aparently the 4.2 has small water jackets so the larger radiator didnt make any difference to my cooling drama
hope this help's mate cheers dingo

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
If its a TDI then ARE, if its a simple T motor then go PWR as ARE dont make the earlier crossflow type.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If your in brissy, PAUL SMITHS RADIATORS @ Tradelink rd Browns Plains fitted a brand new one in mine for under $380. he owns GQ's & knows them like the back of his hand He even got my air-con going for minamul $$$ & now its I-C-COLD he used a ford falcon compressor apparently heaps cheaper & more available..
hope this helps anyone in the Brissy South
cheers piggy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts