Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Bunnings camping chairs are about to collapse, so time to buy something a little better quality & more comfortable.
My wife has a bad back so have been looking at the Oztent King Goanna or Goanna chairs that have a strap that allows you to adjust the lumbar support.
They look the goods however neither Anaconda or BCF carry these & all the ones I have tried except the Oztrail Big Boy are as bad as the cheapo Bunnings ones in terms of your *rse sliding forward as soon as you sit down.
Need them to be relatively compact once folded also.
Any other ideas guys?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
KING GOANNA!! YES! Most other cheaper chairs fall apart on first use - EG: 2x Spinnefex ones Tim took on our Flinders trip.. 1 broke first night, other one 5th night!!!!

Good thread on chairs.... Camp Chairs

Im gettin this one. (DAMN - contacted seller "None in Stock, They should be arriving in Feb. We have the King Kokoda,Goanna,Kokoda In stock.")....

Oztent King Goanna Chairs with Lumber Support "NEW" (eBay item 320587912640 end time 01-Oct-10 14:02:40 AEST) : Home

THe King Kokoda is another

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
KING GOANNA

Im gettin this one. (DAMN - contacted seller "None in Stock, They should be arriving in Feb. We have the King Kokoda,Goanna,Kokoda In stock.")....
I've got 2 of these chairs , bloody comfortably , you can't go wrong with these

·
Registered
nissan
121 Posts
RRP on the King Goanna chairs is $99, you should be able to pick one up from a local camping store for $79. Beats paying the $10 freight for the eBay one above

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
RRP on the King Goanna chairs is $99, you should be able to pick one up from a local camping store for $79. Beats paying the $10 freight for the eBay one above
Called Oztent, they have no stockists in Melb, only a lady that works from home as a supplier :( I wanna try one before buyin it.. They look oober comfortable.

·
Registered
nissan
121 Posts
Unlucky, SE Qld has plenty of stockists!
They are really comfy, nice high back for us taller blokes.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Unlucky, SE Qld has plenty of stockists!.
yea I saw that :(
after spending a weekend going from Anaconda, rays, mitchells tryin chairs out I found only 1 or 2 I thought were worth more than $10.. some of them are such **** quality it aint funny.
The Coleman bigfoot is nice, but you sit totally upright, not relaxed at all :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have just got up from my chair to go to the shed and look at my Colemand big something chair. I wanted to get it right so I wouldn't get told off but no my Coleman big something chair has no label to say what big thing it is. However it is big and comfy having spent many many hour siting in it and drapped over it drinking beer. If it is a bit upright that's because you are not slouching enough when you sit down. There is nothing like a good slouch at night.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Called Oztent, they have no stockists in Melb, only a lady that works from home as a supplier :( I wanna try one before buyin it.. They look oober comfortable.
Yes, they emailed me her details also.
might call & find out if it's possible to have a look prior to buying.

·
Registered
460 Posts
We've had the Oztrail for a year now still like the day we bought them, I'm no lightweight either. Originally had Oztent ones on order but after 3 months I cancelled that order and got the Oztrail. Oztent never seem to have stock of anything I don't know how they can operate on the bare minimum stock, they must lose heaps of buyers because of it.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
:( I wanna try one before buyin it.. They look oober comfortable.
They are , I fell asleep both nights of the QLD forum meet-up in mine in front of the fire (then again that might of been the bundy's ) nah it was the chairs ;)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
My current camp chair is similar to the Oz, but it reclines :) 2 small wheels on ea side you wind the back up and down.. so I'm used to being spoilt...

Let me know how you go Matt..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Russel Coight is a revolutionary! I would follow him into battle!

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts

I have one of these, i got it from the OZ Tent stand at the 4wd show for $99

I tried the soft arms and the hard arms and the hard arm model suited my shape better.

Can be a little confusing to pack up but you will get the hang of it.

The bag gets rolled up and can be put into the head rest as a pillow => Bonus!

They also come with a stubby holder and phone holder on both sides hanging low like the others pictured above.

Love it Love it Love it!! :santa:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts