2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the price on the online auto parts ones might be a mistake, will check with them. Just after some recommendations on which ones are good & which ones to avoid.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,124 Posts
I think the price on the online auto parts ones might be a mistake,
I think you might be right. That price is about the normal price for just the mushroom bushes they are showing with the offset bushes. My car has offset bushes fitted by ARB about 15 years ago and they still seem OK. I have no idea what brand they are.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread...
Is it worth installing custom radius arms with castor correction instead of bushes? I like the idea of having the right parts more than adding corrections to existing ones.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Radius arms are better, but cost a lot more & I think need an engineering certificate. Really not worth it for a 5Omm lift, but if you're going higher you could get it all signed off together.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,124 Posts
Is it worth installing custom radius arms with castor correction instead of bushes?
Definitely a possibility but I'd say that drop boxes are a better choice than custom arms, all of which are quite a bit dearer than offset bushes which may be all he needs.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ended up getting them supplied & fitted at the local parts store & workshop here in Macksville. Transteer brand rubber bushes were about $60 cheaper than Pedders & they only charged $80 to fit them, I removed the arms myself. Our small local parts store is often cheaper than the big chain stores. Took it for a run this afternoon & can't believe the difference, a lot smother over rough surfaces & not having it wander all over the place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts