Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday peeps,

Well sitting here with the kero heater on, hot milo in hand and blanky over my legs on the recliner when the phone rings and some flash, posh sounding guy is on the end.

Knock me over with a feather! My eldest girl has been chosen for next year (year6) to be in the Wollongong Academically Gifted program that runs once a day at another school North of us in Wollongong.

She sat the tests last year and we didn't hear back until now. She is a step closer basically a guarantee I was told by this posh lad tonight to being accepted to Smiths Hill High School for 2016 now because of this.

I know she aint gunna be no Driller now :shock:...me Daddy.... happy (beat chest emoticon here) :victory:

We organised a meeting with him and his staff on 20th October to finalize. I might need to shower and shave and wear pants.:p

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Tell the milkman congratulations for me!!!

Nah well done mate. I wonder how long they've know but just waited till today.

Reactions: motomuzz

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Gday peeps,

Well sitting here with the kero heater on, hot milo in hand and blanky over my legs on the recliner when the phone rings and some flash, posh sounding guy is on the end.

Knock me over with a feather! My eldest girl has been chosen for next year (year6) to be in the Wollongong Academically Gifted program that runs once a day at another school North of us in Wollongong.

She sat the tests last year and we didn't hear back until now. She is a step closer basically a guarantee I was told by this posh lad tonight to being accepted to Smiths Hill High School for 2016 now because of this.

I know she aint gunna be no Driller now :shock:...me Daddy.... happy (beat chest emoticon here) :victory:

We organised a meeting with him and his staff on 20th October to finalize. I might need to shower and shave and wear pants.:p
Congratulations mate and to you daughter too. It sounds like you have brought her up well and she has a fantastic future ahead of her.

Reactions: motomuzz

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys, Just don't want her to battle like Mumsy and I have, Like most parents want for their kids.

Its been a long journey.Knew something was amiss when she showed me how to turn the computer on when she was 6 :oops: Proud as punch of her right now.

Yeh I'll ask the lad how long they knew next month, I suppose they have their procedures and now was the time.

Now to have a yarn with paul our postie in the morn! they have the same eyes:grinroll:

Its in todays Paper

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/605892/class-helps-gifted-students-to-shine/

Chester was the lad that spoke to us on the phone earlier.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey hey hey....she's gunna be better than her dad. Don't take it to heart ya bloody grease monkeys :)

Reactions: DB-101

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
It's a hell of a thing having kids Muzz. I don't know if I'd have the guts to do it again, not very likely in my case anyhow. Luckily both of mine turned out OK and neither has been jailed.

You'd better start putting some dough away, medical school isn't cheap.

The other non-academic stuff is interesting too. She might want to learn the violin. If she does, it's probably a good idea, she'll meet a better class of student. Fiona plays the violin, Shanara doesn't.

All the best.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She plays Guitar Esty, private lessons, and the dancing lately has stepped up as this year she was picked for performance troop and we've been lugging her butt all over the place to eisteddfods and more dance lessons equating 2-3 hrs per afternoon every day of the week except Sunday. I need a second job.:headwall:

I thought she would've burn out by now but she is asking for more.She's 10.

In year 3 the teacher at the parent/teacher night said ya better do something with Kobi as she is getting bored and restless and being disruptive in class, I think now I know why.

Thanks for all the well wishes brothers!:cool:

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,204 Posts
In year 3 the teacher at the parent/teacher night said ya better do something with Kobi as she is getting bored and restless and being disruptive in class, I think now I know why.
My parents and teachers had a similar conversation about me at every pt evening. Unfortunately it wasn't due to an excess of intelligence :(

Well done mate. You and your missus should be proud. Might be due to your oCd genes.:cup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.