Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy what is the best option for fuel filtration retaining the factory housing in a TD42T GU ? Don't really know a great deal about them
CAV Delphi, Fuel Manager, Stanadyne ? Will all these fit the factory filter housing.Or use factory filter ? Thanks in advance

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Yeh dont add on, there are pre filters but proper pre-filters are around 50 micron, I'v never had dramas with the single Cav.Delpi 296. Been running that set-up most its life, change it every service (5000 k's) overkill but there $4 each last time I got a box.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Make sure you get the one with the HDF296 Filter.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
The reason I got the Cav/delphi head with the primer and glass bowl is that you get the right O-rings etc. in the box with the filter, I dont know if the O-Rings in the Cav/Delphi fit the bigger seal on the adaptor and its an extra seal you will need to change. There's an email addy on this link Its Hiflow Diesel where I got mine but says website coming soon. You could email him. Also this allows you to bleed the system easier in the GU as you dont have a bleed point on your original filter primer/Head . This one will fit in place of your original. :)

HIFLO

Attachments

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys so that system will filter a lot better than genuine nissan filter ? Would Whitworths sell the kit I need as they are in perth ?

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Thanks guys so that system will filter a lot better than genuine nissan filter ? Would Whitworths sell the kit I need as they are in perth ?
Yes it filters better, try them or any truck/tractor shops, Diesel Injector shops should have them :)

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
1 more question is delphi better than Racor ?
Delphi/Cav have been around for ages and used on all sorts of diesel machinery, better than Racor, dunno, whats the specs of them microns etc. never used them. spares are abundant for cav not that I'v needed parts, but if you did break a glass bowl etc. you know you can get parts.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Has anyone ever checked the flow on these CAV filters? I remember they were all the rage back in the late 90s but then in early 2000s everyone went off them. They might flow enough for a stock ZD but it would be worth checking before fitting to a TD.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.