Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a plan with iPrimus. It gives me 40GIG a month (20 peak & 20 off-peak)
I also have a netphone with free local and national calls. Adsl 2 +

This costs me $53.94 a month and is half the cost I was paying before I changed. Not only that but the free calls are great.

Primus calls it 'Naked DSL Starter Plus'

I know a lot of people are paying much more and just thought I'd pass it on.

There have been some lengthy discussions on Whirlpool but it doesn't seem to have caught on generally yet...I guess it will though.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
i have a naked iinet plan , 200 gig , 100 peak and 100 off peak , adsl2, net phone with free local and national calls , a free zone thing where it doesnt add to your download quota, all for $79 a month

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
I have Telstra Bigpond, it has a real phone that works even in blackouts. I also can run fax and eftpos. The phone is guaranteed to work, if line did break max time to fix is 4 hours.

Try that on Naked.

i just plug into my solar , simple and works fine

hahahahahahahahaha :p

and didnt it take a couple of months to fix your internet just recently

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The service breakdown is a point, however the mobile covers that (I hope.) I don't have a Fax or Eftpos.

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
I got optus.. 50 gig then slows to dial up speed plus home phone including all local, national and calls to mobiles for $99 month

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm with Telstra. 200 Gb cable broadband (no peak/off-peak) bundled with landline phone (all local and national calls), $89 per month. The cable is noticeably faster than ADSL 2, but I think that's because we were on the edge of the limit from the exchange before we got cable.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
I got optus.. 50 gig then slows to dial up speed plus home phone including all local, national and calls to mobiles for $99 month
I'm on this aswell but been upgraded to 500GB/m

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
I use WESTNET, not sure if they are cheaper or not but there is no way i'm changing, the service they provide is without a doubt the best i have ever come across. every time i have to contact them, which isn't that often, i always ask when they are going to get into mobile phones, electricity, banking, all the things that usually become a ****e fight. they make everything seem simple. and no i don't have any involvement in this mob apart from them being my ISP for 10 years or so.

jamie.

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
DDOOOOHHHHH !!

I feel all dirty and somewhat violated now. :headwall:

jamie

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I tried to get IINET- not in area

Im with optus- 120gb 50 peak 70 off, then slow down, no extra- bundle with Home line $69.00 includes $50 calls.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
HaHA, yeah not many people know that its all Telstra. At least you can know about 10% of you money goes to Westnet, so thats 10% Telstra dosnt get.

Would be good to see some new company come in and build stuff, but it just wont happen due to the size of Australia.

The Goverment just gave 14 Billion to Telstra to do more fibre. So its still going to be Telstra:headwall:

actually it isnt going to be telstra with fibre , it will be a wholesaler selling off bandwith to telstra , optus , iinet etc etc , this idea the gov. came up with to enforce more competition to keep prices down

·
Registered
238 Posts
iiNet do have their own dslams in exchanges and their own fibre going to a lot of the dslams. However end delivery to the customer has to go over telstra's copper. Optus do the same thing. It's not all just telstra/optus now, other telco's are starting to put their own stuff in. Internode are doing it heavily in south australia.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
its kind of funny that all the net companies are bumping up the download quotas to astronomical amounts all the while i see ads on tv frowning upon illegal internet downloads.

What exactly would you need 500 gig a month for other than downloading "lots of stuff"

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
My point is why dont iinet or TPG install something instead of just using Telstra, thats what make competition. They could even at least put some new 4G towers in but again telstra is already starting.

Telstra move to close exchange worries rivals | The Australian
And that has been Telstra's point EXACTLY since deregulation in 1992. The opposition carriers jump up and down about Telstra's wholesale prices, but none of them are making any effort to install their own infrastructure and tell Telstra where to stick their access prices.

Anyway, on topic - have been with Telstra for ten years for net and phones, with one exception - we tried Dodo, and are still pissed off about that experience. They went ahead and pre-selected themselves as long distance carrier, among other things (illegal).

Telstra's connectivity has always been good in my experience and any issues have been sorted very quickly. I'd also rather keep the bucks in Oz, rather than say Singapore (Optus).

I work for Telstra BTW, but when it comes to internet, mobile and landline, I've only ever been an end user, my job in Telstra is purely corporate customer related.

·
Registered
nissan/gq patrol
589 Posts
500 gig download is a lot, but what the heck if its cheap.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
You should really call them.... I finally did after blowing the 36gig cap again :(

I've just been offered 120gig for $65, no peak/off peak (THIS IS ONLY IF YOU CALL THEM - IT ISNT THE ONE ON THEIR WEBSITE) and slows down to 256k instead of 64k (unlike the website one)- with Optus....
If I inc my home phone it goes up to $79.00mth
Broadband Plans | Broadband Internet Deals - Optus

they have a 500gig plan for $99.00

another is http://www.iinet.net.au/broadband/plans.html, mad cheap plans.

500 gig download is a lot, but what the heck if its cheap.
2TB drives are now <$100! ;)

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Just found out my plan got upgraded to 1 TB a month and landline with all calls except international...:iconbana: and still only $99 a month...

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
if you are with iinet they are offering 10, 20 and 40 dollar mobile deals , no contracts
$10 per month gets you $150 worth of calls 200mb of data
$20 , $400 of calls , 400mb data
$40, $750 calls, 1.5gb data

only catch is you have to be on a contract for internet, still pretty good deal i thought

1 - 20 of 21 Posts