Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people.
I used to have a 01 Gu zd30 di and used nissan data scan with the consult. I sold that a bit ago and now have a 2009 crd zd30
What is the best software to use on my laptop for advanced details.
Also is it possibly to remap your own ecu? Just curious if any software is out there for it?

Back in the day i used to memcal the old commodores v6 and v8s so kings know what to do.

Cheers great people :)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,204 Posts
Hi people.
I used to have a 01 Gu zd30 di and used nissan data scan with the consult. I sold that a bit ago and now have a 2009 crd zd30
What is the best software to use on my laptop for advanced details.
Also is it possibly to remap your own ecu? Just curious if any software is out there for it?

Back in the day i used to memcal the old commodores v6 and v8s so kings know what to do.

Cheers great people :)
Not sure about laptop software for scanning CRD, but remap software is out there, Alientech is one of them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interested in this too. The Nisscan seems like it could be an ok option, I'll have to have a look into that. Trawling a few forums in the backblocks of the internet, there seems to be a download link to v3.08 of the NERS software, which could be a good option.

Personally I'm not looking to change the world with modifying the map on mine, but it's easy enough to tweak some minor items so it runs better without big risk. If the VNT control can be improved through remapping, then that would be better than cutting a magic box in (which I'm pretty convinced is a good product, regardless of some opinions).

Being able to access full diagnostic information and data logging can pretty quickly point to where problems are, hopefully allowing for low cost repair without extensive external testing.

Cheers, Owen

·
Registered
NISSAN PATROL Y61 3.0 Di (ZD30) 09/2000
1,729 Posts
Well, regarding VNT control, if tuners had been able to find a way to do this by modifying a few "maps", they would have done it.

On a CRD, unlike on Di, you can neutralize the EGR by the "pink mod", and then complement what the ECU does 'natively' with valves like what @Bidja did. I am not sure if he now runs his MB or ECU + valves complement on top of his remap (also suppressing the EGR and adding more diesel). He might advise.

I do have Nissan Data Scan (NDSI or Nisscan) on my labtop for my Di. Excellent product.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks Phil,

But just because tuners don't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done. Given that the pink mod is removing temperature signal, without knowing exactly what effect this has on other parts of the tune I would want to avoid it if I can. Especially if I'm able to connect with existing tools using software that isn't a significant cost burden. I'll certainly be having a good look into what's possible and minimising the non-software modifications that get done.

Can I ask, with Nisscan are you able to modify the tune on your ECU? Or just able to read diagnostic information and reset codes?

Cheers, Owen

·
Registered
NISSAN PATROL Y61 3.0 Di (ZD30) 09/2000
1,729 Posts
On a Di, you can only get sensors data (MAF, MAP, RPM, switches, Solenoids control signals... etc), get and reset the ECU error codes. No tune/remap. For CRD, I doubt you can do any remap. There are other sofwares for that.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
1,253 Posts
stuee123
What is your control unit number? Or the photo came with stickers that it has.

We also could not completely remove EGR from the DI motor control unit, we could only make a mask so that it would not throw an error.
But on the CRD control unit, we were completely able to remove the EGR and make a new program

1 - 8 of 8 Posts