Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I've finally decided to call it a day with my beloved Patrol as my partner needs an automatic transmission that she can drive (she has spinal cord injury and needs hand controls etc). So we've bought a 2004 Hyundai Terracan that seems to be doing the job pretty well and I therefore need to find a new home for my old Patrol. She is mechanically in good shape, well maintained doing mostly towing duties, chassis rust is all taken care of over previous years (although the wheel arches are in serious need of rust repair), so all-in-all it would be a complete waste to scrap her.

I see that the classified section on this forum seems to relate to cars in Australia but I remember from previous postings that there is a significant contingent of UK-based members. Does anyone know the best place to sell this sort of car on the UK market? I know there is always Ebay, but they sting you heavily with charges and I may not be pitching to the right potential buyers who appreciate the value of a well-maintained workhorse like this (even if she looks butt-ugly!).

Any thoughts gratefully received.

By the way, this is not a sales pitch - just a request for advice!

·
Registered
nissan patrol y61 2.8
48 Posts
well i am from the uk and may be interested in your patrol. PM me your details and we'll have a chat.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Sell it in the Farmers weekly.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am in the UK also. Unfortunately it takes quite a lot of work to do the wheel arches, and there are other rust gremlins hiding that you may not be aware of....
The obvious place is Autotrader, but like you say, you won't get the price you are looking for....
You could start by putting full details on here so we can all see your beloved Patrol. Certainly we all appreciate our trucks!
Where did it come from - is it a UK, Cyprus import or Jap or even Middle Eastern import?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GR SE
41 Posts
Try putting it on 1 of the UK Nissan 4x4 owners club sites. You may get a buyer from there. The only bummer is you may have to pay to join a club

1 - 7 of 7 Posts