Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
Nissan patrol
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who have been following V8 maverick being sold by UR-50-LO, which I’ve noticed has now been taken off this forum. Just to make you all aware of my experience with car and seller. Well I flew down to Sydney from the Gold Coast last Thursday (bank cheque in hand) to pick up the above vehicle after several phone calls and texts about the condition of this vehicle. So after flying down to Sydney (with two mates in tow) and getting the train out to St Mary’s, I was met by what was the so-called ‘good condition’ Ford Maverick. At first I thought it must have been a joke and he was about to bring out the real one…. As the ad CLEARLY stated, “NO RUST” and being told several times on the phone that it had ‘no rust’, this is what I expected to see, but clearly this wasn’t the case. Underneath the smashed windscreen was rusted (who knows how bad until the screen came out) and the door jam of the rear doors was rusted and also some rust under the bonnet. Once again as the ad stated, the interior was in ‘good condition’, well we clearly have two different opinions of what ‘good condition’ is…. Apparently ‘good condition’ means a ripped driver’s seat, completely stained seats and half an inch of crude on the seats, I wouldn’t let my dogs use it as a dog kennel. I asked I don’t know how many times, “it the vehicle right to be driven back to the Gold Coast” and the answer was “I would drive it to Queensland tomorrow”….. well upon arrival I noticed that the tyres were FAR from legal and the spare mounted on the back was unusable, I doubt I would have made it out of Sydney without being pulled up.. Ok now lets take a journey under the bonnet, first thing I noticed was the ECU (computer unit) just floating around on the inner guard leaning against the air filter pod. Then glancing down to the pulleys and here is a five cent piece being used as a spacer for the adjustment pulley on the power steering… I’ll leave it at that… Now lets go to the paint, well once again I was told several times on the phone that the paint just “needs a buff as it has been sitting outside”. If someone can tell me where to buy one of these ‘magical’ buffs that take rusted grindings (which are ALL over the car) out of the paint then please let me know as I would love to buy one…. Nobody (including me) expects the paint on a 22 year old car to be perfect, but you also don’t expect to have to respray it after being told it “simply needs a buff”. Honestly I could go on and on here but I’ll start wrapping it up. In short I flew to Sydney after being straight out lied to about the condition of the vehicle and then had to try and find a way home for the three of us. This whole exercise costs me over a grand and he also kept my deposit!!!!! So if your chasing a vehicle that you still need to spend a few thousand on as a project then this is your car!!! Basically what I’m saying is be weary of this vehicle and its bull sh*tting owner… I am still dumb founded that someone can let another person fly down to Sydney from the coast under such false pretences…:angryfir::angryfir::angryfir::angryfir:

And just so you all know, it’s not as though I don’t know the vehicles as I have owned the same model for about 9 years now… and I’m a mechanic by trade…

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Take him to court. WIll probably just get your legal fees back but it's worth it to stick it to the liar.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
You'll get your airfare back at least. Not sure about your mates though.
Would it be theft if he kept your desposit? And are you certain of his identity?

Dont contact him at all, get some legal advice first.

·
Banned
Nissan patrol
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
probably would be theft, but my on fault as i put it straght into his bank account. and yeah have got he's indentity as i have his bank account details and his name as i took down a bank cheque....

·
Banned
nissan
117 Posts
The car was as described, hence it sold the very next day after you stuffed me around.
Only had 2 viewers and the 2nd viewer purchased it for my asking price with no dramas. They went right over the car, drove the car etc etc and had no problems parting with the money... Your loss buddy!!!

·
Banned
Nissan patrol
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i stuffed you around, mate who the f--k are you kidding... you tell me one part of what i posted is a lie, it is straght out how it was you loser.... mate if someone else was willing to take it on to fix it all up, thats fine for them... it doesn't change the fact that you lied to me about it and i wasn't willing to do all the work needed.. so i was making everyone aware of the bulsh*tted you are....

·
Banned
nissan
117 Posts
Whatever dude.
Plenty of pics around of the car & plenty of people have also seen the car themselves.
Considering it sold the very next day the advertisement couldn't of been that far off the mark hey otherwise they would of called me a liar too and not parted with the cash but they were more then happy to take it...

No skin off my nose that a new member with zero posts would try to discredit me. After all IT SOLD + I made an extra $100 out of it so it's all good!!!

·
Banned
nissan
117 Posts
Go to my build up thread or check my garage.
Plenty of pics in there for you to judge me (not that I even give a fark anyway seen as I am no longer apart of the 4x4 scene now driving a commodore wagon haha).

And then ask the op to post some pics of the so called damage please.
Love all this "my word against his bull****". Mate if it makes you feel any better I will jump in on the banter and claim it to be a piece of **** too haha

Eough said from me. Pictures speak 1000 words.
BTW Some pics have dates too and were taken when I had no intention of selling it, so I don't see how all this so called damage has occured in just 5 months of sitting in my driveway...

·
Banned
Nissan patrol
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so obviously you couldn't find a thing on my post that was a lie, hey.... no matter who has brought it, it still doesn't change the fact you bullsh*tted to me about it.... and being new to the forum doesn't change that fact you tosser... mate your lucky i don't live in sydney or just me that $100 would be back in pocket right now trust me....

·
Banned
nissan
117 Posts
So you expected me to turn down the other offers I had on the car (considering it was advertised on every 4x4 forum & Ebay) for days while I hold onto it for you and then return your deposit because you change your mind? Sorry mate it don't work like that. I knocked back plenty of interested parties in that time on the basis of I exected you to buy it. Your lucky I even accepted such a low amount as a deposit in the first place, I sure won't be doing that again though I can assure you. $500 in future or I'm not wasting my time...

Trust you? lol
You had the chance to ask for your deposit back there and then, so why didn't you?
(instead you send me an SMS the next day asking politely for it). I can assure you it would of been no different, I would have told you where to go then too. $100 is a small price for the amount of people I turned away in those few days...

Glort,
The pics were taken as they were posted.
The original pics (when I bought it) were dated but the rest were step by step shots.
Everytime I did a mod I took a pic that day. Look at the post dates for an indication. Sorry but there was no pics taken on THE DAY it sold...

·
Banned
Nissan patrol
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mate once again your still not pionting out anything that is a lie on my post as you dam well know there isn't anything, and mate if you had that many offers while my deposit was on it then it would have already been sold previously.... a deposit is a deposit regardless of the amount and the dsposit was clearly given under false information...
and to me so far what you have been posting against my thread just proves to everyone reading this that you are the liar and tosser i'm saying you are...

·
Banned
nissan
117 Posts
Thats the only pics I had.
If there had of been more photos then they would have been posted in that thread.
Do you really think I started that thread with the intention of selling it? Do you think I went to all that expense & time consumption converting it to V8 & buying all brand new items just to sell it for alot less then I actually paid? There is no conspiracy the pics show it as it was as I had every intention of keeping it at that time...

Look at the thread, read between the lines, and form your own opinions. I couldn't care less hey!!!

·
Banned
Nissan patrol
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm sure everyone will agree with me here when i say that, everyone has their own mind set on what they want in a car, so what i'm saying is, if i had of been told about the rust, the ripped and stained interior, the bald tyres etc etc then i wouldn't have bothered getting on the plane in the first place knowing thats not what 'I' want... he was obviously hiding this from me to get me down there....
and the fact that he has not come up with anything worthy against my orginal thread rests my case... be weary of this tosser in the future....

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Look at the thread, read between the lines, and form your own opinions. I couldn't care less hey!!!
Sounds like a tool to me,he talks like someone who would fuk someone around.

Did this bloke get Wenzeled???

·
Registered
nissan patrol swb gq
200 Posts
After reading this thread all I can add is the Seller appears to be a real ****** and thank Christ he's no longer in the scene. I think he is very lucky he screwed around a reasonable person as there's plenty of blokes out there that would fix this jerks red wagon in quick time.
At the end of the day I'm sure with the **** attitude and smart arse manner it will catch up with him down the track.
To all the rest, have a nice day.

·
Registered
nissan
2,694 Posts
That's real ****!

I'm amased you didn't just deck the ***** and take your money back (as well as extra for airfare back). Maybe flick a match onto the truck as you left for good measure.

·
Banned
nissan
117 Posts
Alright this is my final post in here. After this don't bother directing anything further at me as I am no longer a patrol owner I couldn't give a flying fark about any of it really. It just grinds my goat that Scott is soo full of **** about this and little forum bitches try to jump in on the banter. Take the advice Scott, try taking me to court. I have my proof (and contact with current owner) do you have yours?

Glort you have asked me for proof.
So how about asking the op to show some proof now?
I have pics showing it in the good condition it was actually in...Does he have pics of it in this so called poor condition he claims to be? Untill that day it is simply my word against his, and my word has photographic & witness proof...

For starters...The ad clearly stated exactly what it was hence it sold to the very next person to look at it. I never duped anybody, I think he duped himself for stuff arsing about on the deal. I am sure everyone has seen the ad and read it "No major rust or damage, clean interior thats not covered in mud & muck, only negative point is a cracked windscreen". And thats exactly how the car was. When the op called me and asked about the car driving back to QLD I told him "yea, I would drive it to QLD tomorrow as I have faith in the car, I know it was put together properly". When he asked about the body I told him it was good, not full of rust or dents like 90% of the offroad vehicles for sale as it dosn't get used for that. I also stated that it was a 22yr old and is not a showcar but overall it is alright and that it has sat around for months unused due to conversion etc collecting dust, fading paint etc so it needs a good buff to bring it back up to standard. I didn't even bother washing the car because I wanted him to see it AS IT WAS and I told him this too when I arrived at the meeting point. Maybe I should have then he wouldn't of confused dirt with rust *shakes head* The only problem was the windscreen which I clearly stated in the ad.
Oh and the only thing he has been honest about is the ECU in the engine bay (as seen in the photos) but it was not just sitting there loosely against the pod filter at all, it had been tied up awaiting the right size drill bit for the firewall so I could mount it in the glovebox, but never got round to it...

I think he must of been expecting too much or something because for $8000 I think it was a freaking good buy as do many others that have seen it and the new owner who bought it (and drove it back to Tumut fine btw very unroadworthy huh). Only reason it didn't sell sooner is because I put it on hold twice for 2 F-witts with no deposit on here that never showed up a week later & then put it on hold only to get stuffed around yet again by this clown - atleast this time I got $100 deposit though. The first GENUINE buyer that looked at it was stoked and took it. No idea where all this body rust and interior crudd & bald tyres **** came from LMFAO umm ok if he says so then it must be. OK now lets get serious for minute alright, lets face the facts, who flys interstate with 2 other grown men and allows a single bloke to rip them off ($1000 was it? + $100 deposit) and blatantly lie to their faces etc? No arguing, no asking for refund, no negotiatians etc. Come on now....More like he flew out here expecting to negotiate the price and I wasn't wearing it. Ad clearly stated $8500 FIRM I WILL NOT NEGOTIATE but I still offered it to him for $8000 so when he said unfortunately I no longer want it I was like "fine". As for the convo between us this is how it went...

HIM: Unfortunately mate I am going to have to pass on the car now, it's not what I expected.

ME: Why whats wrong with it?

HIM: It is going to need a respray

ME: WTF? are you serious? it's not full of rust or dents or anything

HIM: *points to tiny black marks (looked like brake dust but dunno what it was but they washed off the next day obviously) and says not yet but look it will be sooner or later

At this point I said **** it told the mrs to put our son in the car said bye, waved and left.
Next morning the douchebag messages me asking for a refund as I misled him, I replyed by stating nope as he misled me to believe he was buying it. SIMPLE AS THAT!!! Never heard back untill this thread.

ETA: Also have SMS messages from the next day with pretty much the same info.
And I am the bad guy HAHA. Be weary of me, I am out to rip you off blah blah blah.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Without goin into perticulars
He said, he said blah blah blah
Mods close the thread

We dont need this BS on here
Keep it PM or go away
Noone knows the FACTS
So noone can comment

The deed is done , 1 buyer missed out another bought