Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These look pretty good. Hopefully they modernise the compound as the old ones where pretty average for grip when compared to the KM2 (literally the KM2 handled better than the KO). They do look slightly more aggressive, but not as much as other all terrains.

New KO2

Old KO

·
Registered
nissan
196 Posts
hmmm my interpretation..... blah blah blah same tread, same old tyre now with wall lugs so when cornering on road it takes longer to round the edges.

There is just nothing new about BFG's

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've sworn by these tyre for the past ten years or so, had one puncture in all that time. Always envious though of others when it gets to the muddy stuff though so my next set I think will be the Micky Thompson PZ3 (I thinks that what they are)

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,998 Posts
hmmm my interpretation..... blah blah blah same tread, same old tyre now with wall lugs so when cornering on road it takes longer to round the edges.

There is just nothing new about BFG's
I don't know... if the KO2 is the leap forward for ATs that the KM2 was for MTs, these might be well worth a shot.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,708 Posts
KM2's are terrible, Its like a trend people rave about them, but get them in the mud and lateral grip is terrible and they are very thin on the sidewall, I've staked 2

The new/old AT's my old boy destroyed a pair of rears doing 7,000km trip through the desert, the rears looked like they had been mauled

Terrible tyre, shame they changed, the original were still a good tyre in both AT and Mud

I'm deciding on next set of tyres, looking like either Nitto, Toyo or pro comp

·
Registered
nissan patrol
586 Posts
Oh man, just rang BJ T mart today and he's getting me in a new set of "old skool" BFG AT's. Now Ive read this. Hmmmmm <-----enter Marge Simspon sound here

·
Registered
nissan patrol
586 Posts
for anyone interested...heres from the BFG team.

Hi Allan,

The BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2will be launched in Australia, however, we're still working on the timings and supply etc. We expect it to be available here in 2015.

Hope this helps.

*Please note: the technical advice given by us is only a recommendation based on the information provided by you. BFGoodrich is not responsible or liable for any damage due to utilization based on our technical advice.

Kind Regards,
The BFGoodrich Australia Team

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
I thought these tyres were already here?
A few members stated ages ago that they have seen them at tyre stores.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
586 Posts
I rang several major tyre dealers here today including some Sydney dealers. Not one store had any and a couple hadn't even heard of them and said they would talk to their bfg rep for me to find out more info.

I'm about to lay out hard earned in the next week or so on new shoes...but I get the feeling I wont have the chance to try the ko2 .

·
Registered
nissan patrol
586 Posts
OK peeps, those interested.

Spoke to Peter again today from Tempe tyres.

BINGO!

He will have stock of KO2's for $265 each fitted 285/75/16 as of 3/12/14

His KO's are $269 as of today.....Hmmmm worth the wait?! And I had to pinch myself at the price.Maybe Muzzmarn WILL have a chance to test run the KO2's!

Ive got near 60K out of the KO's and they were on there when I bought the pooey. They were @ roughly 50-60% tread.

If I can get 100-120K out of the KO2's...well tickle me pink.:)

Those after them...ummmm he hasnt got them. Forget what I said :0

He will have limited stock.

·
Registered
nissan
1,104 Posts
are direct importing? i emailed BFG Aust a month or so ago and got told no plans in 2014, maybe late 2015 for Aust release. (no joke, i got the email somewhere )
that email has basically made me start looking at other tyres, as i don't think mine will last until the official release, unless they changed their minds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan patrol
586 Posts
Yes I was thrown off too. See my post a few above...#9 it is. That's the email from team bfg I received on Tuesday this week after I contacted them Monday.

I copied and pasted here.

Peter assures me he will have ko2's in store on the 3rd.

Where he's getting them I do not know that. But going off bfg Australia they arnt being released til 2015 here.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,424 Posts
I had the old KO'S they chipped really bad on corrugated roads worse than any other tyre I tried . looked old after one trip. Looks like the new ones have different cuts in the tread which might help this issue.

·
Registered
nissan
1,104 Posts
OK peeps, those interested.

Spoke to Peter again today from Tempe tyres.

BINGO!

He will have stock of KO2's for $265 each fitted 285/75/16 as of 3/12/14

His KO's are $269 as of today.....Hmmmm worth the wait?! And I had to pinch myself at the price.Maybe Muzzmarn WILL have a chance to test run the KO2's!

Ive got near 60K out of the KO's and they were on there when I bought the pooey. They were @ roughly 50-60% tread.

If I can get 100-120K out of the KO2's...well tickle me pink.:)

Those after them...ummmm he hasnt got them. Forget what I said :0

He will have limited stock.
hey, so tomorrow is the 3rd... any news.
when ya next speaking, can ya ask they send to qld and if they have ko2 in 275/65R17

1 - 20 of 67 Posts