Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
586 Posts
Your timing is uncanny,

OMG, ok balls up! big time.

I just rang them today to say Hi! and wheres me KO2's? See ya this Saturday!

Big big dramas.

The first call to peter all those weeks ago has confused him and/or he's backing out.

Spoke to him about 20 minutes ago. The shipment coming in is KM2's with white wall writing. FFS!

He thought I said KM2...no, no. I said bloody KO2.All terrains!

So back to what I was originally told by BF Australia, they aint comin til next year. I'm getting tyres this weekend, I cant hold on any longer.Im pushing it now as is.

·
Registered
nissan
1,103 Posts
yeah that is a shame...
i see many of the AT ko on special or out of stock, so a 'model runout' is happening thats for sure.

i got some bridgestones 2nd hand to get me over the hump.

i'm sticking to the 275/65R17. most just say go 285. i put them on and car height becomes a problem for garage and car parks :(. so 275 it is. and i don't wont to go 265/70 even though they about same Tyre ht.

so my decision has cost me- not many (none that i can find) of the new AT's come with 3 ply side wall or in 275:(

one day ...

kez

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Aren't all BFGs 4x4 tyres 'white wall'? One side is white lettered, the other side isn't

·
Registered
nissan patrol
586 Posts
Aren't all BFGs 4x4 tyres 'white wall'? One side is white lettered, the other side isn't
One would think so. Apparently not. The black wall is cheaper...has a slower speed rate but higher load rate. There is 2 different ko's.

The black walls are that. Black both sides

I'll post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
nissan
8,978 Posts
What other tyre is there on the market?

Been running these for more than 18 years and my old man for some decade before that and will never change.

Dont need some 4x4 action promoted over hyped rubbish thanks.

·
Registered
nissan
1,103 Posts
from my investigations, the other AT with 3ply side walls are the DickCepek Fun Country and the MT AT p3. other than that, there is heaps of other options, (i could not find a side play rating or they are 2 ply side walls) general grabber at2 or the srl. Maxxis newAT, Falken wildpeak AT, bridgestone 697, pro-comp AT, Nitto terra grappler AT, hankook dyna pro ATM, kumho kl78 AT and archillies deserthawk AT, but i can't actually find much info on them. oh and coopers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan patrol
586 Posts
Hi kerry.

Do you, have you been running the Kos before?

I dont want to change. why change something that works (100k +)?

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
1,103 Posts
Hi kerry.

Do you, have you been running the Kos before?

I dont want to change. why change something that works (100k +)?

cheers

yeah, i run the KO's - on this car and my GQ patrol before. so yeah - i like em , but i would also like the new KO2 so i have pretty much decided to wait til the KO2 come available in my size. in the meantime, if i need rubber- prob go a bridgestone or something less expensive.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
586 Posts
I was wishing the same thing bud, would really like to trial the Ko2's.

Oh well I will after another 100 thou :)

·
Registered
Nissan
44 Posts
Yep, I wouldn't run anything else on a dedicated tourer. Had a massive slash in one that has done from Broome to the Cape, taking hells gate, round trip from melbourne. And it still won't let go! And I know a lot of other older guys who can afford to run anything still go straight for the old BFG AT!
IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Out of all the tyres I've run over the years the BFG would have to be the worst. The ATs chip and have terrible puncture resistance. The MT compound is too hard and have terrible traction on rock. I can only assume people who rave about them have never tried anything else.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
586 Posts
Out of all the tyres I've run over the years the BFG would have to be the worst. The ATs chip and have terrible puncture resistance. The MT compound is too hard and have terrible traction on rock. I can only assume people who rave about them have never tried anything else.
Stop going to Menai and falling victim to boghole star picket saboteur's.;)
When a set of KO's are lasting 5 billion years, I don't get a chance to try anything else.

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
I looked into these recently but mates with them told me they are no good in the wet. I don't know how true that is, but it was enough to turn me off them as I heard this from more than just one or two people.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Considering the only rock my KM2s see is shale and slate like rock in the Vic high country, meh. Horses for courses. No point in me buying a tyre for sand and loam.

·
Registered
Nissan
26 Posts
I went down to my local Jax Tyres today and had a word to them. They are expecting the first shipment of KO2's to hit our shores in late January 2015. Put my name down for five of them. The BFG MT I am running have just rolled over 85000K's and are in desperate need of replacing. Looking forward to seeing how they go. ;)

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'm watching as I'm the same as you Frosty. 90,000km on my KM2s and they're like 5% left

·
Registered
nissan
1,103 Posts
my AT KO are around 55k so far, but due to stupid patrol left frt scrubbing, they are now not legal ..(not happy). as for wet roads, i have no prob, the rear spin a bit, but i think that is more me foot than the tyre. yes they chip, my tyres have chip and cuts and holes including on the side wall and still no puntures and that is on 2 sets of AT KO. as said, some hate em, swear they are no good in wet etc etc, some like me, swear by them not at them. :p . the KO2 is meant to be even better punture resistant. so jan - hmm ok i may put off getting those maxxis as a filler

21 - 40 of 67 Posts