Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I've had my KO2s for nearly 80,000km now. They are miles better than the KOs. I found the onroad grip, particularly on wet roads a major shortcoming of the KOs, but the KO2 seems to have fixed this.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,935 Posts
Love my KO2's getting towards the end of their life now. Just decided to check my all encompassing vehicle data file before writing further, got a surprise, changed to them at 310,000k and now have 382,000k on it, these tyres have particularly done a lot of hard work with lots of extended outback trips.

Got 85,000 out of its predecessors the plain KO, so these look like matching that easily, but like Darcy indicates, with better grip and for me that has been all round gravel, sand, light mud, the usual stuff you find off the beaten track. My wife's early comment on them was how quiet they were, this was something I passed onto a mate who was looking for tyres for his rig, 17" rims and independent suspension, the strange thing is after around 30,000k he is complaining about excess tyre noise (he fastidiously maintains his vehicle so no wheel alignment or mechanical issues involved), Mine are US made, I always make sure of that and I fairly sure his are also, so the logical and apparent differences are really only the aspect ratio, tyre pressure and independent suspension.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,702 Posts
@geeyoutoo, just out of curiosity... Since you've done so much work on improving the drivability of your Patrol, would you consider (finally) going up in size to 33"? Might get even better mileage out of a slightly bigger tyre. ;)

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,935 Posts
No, not really, but yes it would pull 33's really well, might need to consider this next tyre change.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,935 Posts
@geeyoutoo, just out of curiosity... Since you've done so much work on improving the drivability of your Patrol, would you consider (finally) going up in size to 33"? Might get even better mileage out of a slightly bigger tyre. ;)
No, not really, but yes it would pull 33's really well, might need to consider this next tyre change.
Bit of brain fade with my last reply Andrie, no I can't, I have a 3" lift and my platform roof rack, to make this combination fit under the garage door (the reason I sold my ARB steel rack some years ago) I had to modify the mounting system to raise it enough to fit the Trol under and the roof rack still contacts the rubber seal on the base of the door.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,702 Posts
Bit of brain fade with my last reply Andrie, no I can't, I have a 3" lift and my platform roof rack, to make this combination fit under the garage door (the reason I sold my ARB steel rack some years ago) I had to modify the mounting system to raise it enough to fit the Trol under and the roof rack still contacts the rubber seal on the base of the door.
Ah, OK. So I'll take from that, that if you didn't have a 3" lift, you WOULD consider a slightly bigger tyre.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,935 Posts
That is correct, the old girl loves her garage.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

61 - 67 of 67 Posts