Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

Ok so it's time to get some chunkier tyres.
How many of us are running a bias tyre for both on and off road and how do you find them as true all terrains?

I am thinking maybe 35" Treps, not interested in pedes or similar atm.

I am planning outback dirt roads and weekend fun in tracks and will go to work in the same vehice.

Does anyone know what bias tyres have resonable speed rating and wear?
Please share your experience.

Cheers!

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
35 inch treps are radials, bias treps are 37s, I have run 35 inch bias creepys as dailys in the past and would again.

·
Registered
nissan
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sim79,

Thats good mate because it was actually Creepys I wanted and not Treps.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Beware that Bias is illegal for on the road.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
Are bias illegal because they are not appropriately rated? Load or speed?

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I'm not sure why. Just that they're not legal.

·
Registered
nissan
22 Posts
was in the tyre service last week and they said maxxis are doing 33 and 35 12.5 16 in bias treps now, i have 37 treps and they arnt very good on the road they shake like hell at 60 - 70kph, they are rough cause of the stiff sidewall and at 10psi which is offroad pressure you can hardly do 80kph so they are by no means a all terrain, i only do 50ks on the road befor im at the bush so it doesnt worry me and im never gonna buy a differant tyre cause i love em so much in the scrub they drive anywhere

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
was in the tyre service last week and they said maxxis are doing 33 and 35 12.5 16 in bias treps now,
I would buy set tomorrow if they were making bias 35 inch trep, but I think the tyre store is talking about the mudzilla, google 35 inch bias maxxis trepador and only radials come up, if 35 inch bias trep were available the U.S. market would have had to have them a year ago as it takes one year for the Australia market get new tyres when they are released in the U.S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts