Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please explain the which is better for what exactly??
my trucks a weekend scrub basher not a daily. please help me out here

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
A bias ply tyre is a non radial, it has stiff sidewalls and is stronger than radials which have flexible sidewalls , less plies and softer to give a smoother ride

Radials have steel belts under the tread area. bias only have rayon belts. radials hsve a higher speed capacity etc and are better for road use

You are probably talking about Simex or Silverstone Xtremes, both are for competetive use and serious off road tyres, very noisy on the black stuff and hard to balance

I run 35x11.5x15 Silverstone Xtremes now, sold my 35x 11.5x16 Xtremes as some one wanted them and 16"were not available at the time, so I now run 15", just a bigger sidewall, same overall diameter, and they look tougher, LOL

My Toys go where I point em LMAO

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Radials= Road tyre
Bias= Offroad tyre

I am running Bias Maxxis Creepy Crawlers, they balance up well and they sit 100klm/h easily and they are quiter than bighorns. I class them as any AT as they work well in every terrain off road and they are still fine for road use.

10psi

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
I'm biased towards radial. :D

Cheers

Ray

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Radials= Road tyre
Bias= Offroad tyre

I am running Bias Maxxis Creepy Crawlers, they balance up well and they sit 100klm/h easily and they are quiter than bighorns. I class them as any AT as they work well in every terrain off road and they are still fine for road use.

10psi
They seem to crown a lot in nearly every pic of them. Johnnos were the same on my old GQ, EG tread pattern on an 8 looks really rounded not flat.... they looked much better once he beadlocked the 8's.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
They seem to crown a lot in nearly every pic of them. Johnnos were the same on my old GQ, EG tread pattern on an 8 looks really rounded not flat.... they looked much better once he beadlocked the 8's.
Yes they do crown at the top of the tyre but bottom part is flat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts