Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in at my old work today and the boss has got these big whoa 12 volt compressors in there.

I thought someone may be interested.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I was a little interested until I looked closer and it just looks like any other cheap 12V compressor bolted to a small tank.

Unless you can give some specs, then I will have to go with not interested.

·
Registered
nissan
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you ever seen a oil lubricated cheap pump???

Mate,
have a look at the pressure switch that's the black box on the right in the first picture then tell me and the rest of the world that it looks like a small crappy pump on a tank.

Fully serviceable,adjustable and replaceable pressure switch serviceable non return valve, if it breaks it can be fixed instead of replaced.

Each to there own though I'm sure you've dealt with a lot of compressors and what not.

·
Registered
nissan
2,029 Posts
do you know if they are for sale with out the tank. $595 is a bit too much when im going to just throw out the tank.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
considering it has an oil sump i wouldnt think it would be very good for 4x4ing , if you are stuck on an angle for a while it could mean the parts inside wont get there normal lube and could seize (did this to a home compressor) it seems to better suited for flat stable ground/surface

·
Registered
nissan
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
considering it has an oil sump i wouldnt think it would be very good for 4x4ing , if you are stuck on an angle for a while it could mean the parts inside wont get there normal lube and could seize (did this to a home compressor) it seems to better suited for flat stable ground/surface
Valid point man just putting it out there that's all.
Though I think if you were not on solid or reasonably level ground you wouldn't use it

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Wonder how many amps they draw... and yeah, the oil sump is an issue, you can't mount the compressor where ever / however you want.

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
Looks like the $200 cheapo compressor you get from supecrap auto but fitted with a 12v motor to the standard compressor and pressure switch

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts
Picked up a 240v 2hp compressor with 24 litre tank for $99 at bunnings today. If the cheapo compressor gives out still got a tank to mount under the tray cheaper than what arb charge you for an 18L

1 - 10 of 10 Posts