Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If everyone that had a gripe with the Big Banks said"stuuff em" and took their money out and went to a building society or as such, maybe then the "Banks" would listen:headwall: ?? The latest is the "Which Bank" raising their rates again, against the Reserve Bank .... the GOVERNMENT HASNT GOT THE BALLS TO TAKE EM ON:eviltong::eviltong:, I dont have a mortgage with a bank, but all it takes the people to start ;) and I would looooove everyone to start ... but alas, many people trust banks .... :badidea::badidea:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
it should be illegal to post a profit of $1 billion for a 3 month period and then say we need to put rates up. BULLSHT

·
Banned
616 Posts
If everyone that had a gripe with the Big Banks said"stuuff em" and took their money out and went to a building society or as such, maybe then the "Banks" would listen:
If everyone said stuff the banks and took their money to a building society surely the building societies would soon be shafting us just the same ??

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
then ya go the other way ... to the banks ... if a lot of people started this rolling, watch the banks start to say " What The F*#k"

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
As a shareholder of the CBA I am delighted at thier performance, and profit is for shareholders. :)

There is absolutely no correlation between the RBA and individual bank rates.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is the problem .... they look after the shareholders and stuff the little people ... this brings me to what I first said ... stuuuf em, take ya money out and look else where, banks with NO money soon realise that the little people matter, the CBA is the biggest AHOLE of a bank ... my personal view only

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Apart from thier duty to produce shareholders money there is no reason for a bank to exist. It is a business and not a charity. Curtin failed at his attempt to nationalise the banks in the 40s thank christ.

If your that cranky go get a term deposit (at the CBA currently running above 5.8%pa) and start making your money earn you money. What is the reserve official cash rate again? The CBA funds over 90% of its loan book from Australian depositors so in effect it is returning a decent return for australians who may not be shareholders.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have money in term deposit ... with ING at 6.25% ... and yes I Loath banks... all banks and I reckon they shouldnt exist at all .... it all stems from banking at school every friday 20c for 6 years, then got ripped off by the CBA and hated them ever since, tried other banks, got stuffed around or ripped off, so I drew all my money out and changed to a building society .... never been happier, so I reckon everyone should do the same ... stoof the banks

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
then ya go the other way ... to the banks ... if a lot of people started this rolling, watch the banks start to say " What The F*#k"
No, they will piss themselves laughing going look at the lemmings... They have no choice

Then they would introduce more closing your account fees...

Im the opposite.. Myself and my parents got ****ed over badly by a Credit Urine in the Sutherland shire.. I wouldnt piss on one again...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yes Ill take some tin pot building society (most of which are foreign owned) over a big 4 bank with a deposit garuntee.........
Exactly. I had all my money with Pyramid Building Society. Lost all my hard earned house deposit and had to start all over again. I'll only ever use the big boys now. Their big profits are just an indication of how strong our economy is.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I agree with the above, the banks post huge profits, charge exhorbitant fees, and then lift the interest rates just for the fun of it. It is nothing more than pure capitalism. I know the shareholders will happily guard that position, because they are the winners, while everybody else gets screwed over.

The other side of the coin is fees. I do finances for a club, and to perform some of the transactions with the "which bank" it costs $1.65 a transaction. Best of the lot, it is all electronic, with no input from a "which bank" employee. Six months ago it was 50 cents. The process hasnt changed so why the hike.

Bring back the GFC!!!!! If you have a job that is secure, then you are better off in recession. Once the economy booms everybody suffers. In GFC interest rates were down, it was easier to make end meet.

BTW my wife and I both work, and have never collected a govt benefit. But if we get gouged out of our home by greedy banks and utilities then I say f**k it, throw in the jobs, go on the dole, and become a bludger. If people dont like it, I would say that I tried working for a living, and look what happened.

My rant over. Welcome to the great Australian price gouge.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Graham, you need to drink more alcohol to settle your aggrivation towards the great Australian way ;)

While I hate all financial institutions, they enabled me to purchase my house and obtain a credit rating which whould not have been possible without them.

They still suc though and am not loyal to one, if a better otion is available, I move all my finances. At this point they attempt to offer better service, intrest rates on fixed term deposits, which is too late.

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
I'm seriously looking to leave CBAto go back to CUA. As i'm in debt, there's no point to having a term deposit as the money i make there will be less than what i'll be saving on my interest on my mortgage. Bit Pd off about the increase, but ti won't really affect my too much. But there are others who will hit the wall in the not too distant future. That said, they shouldn't have borrowed what they wouldn't be able to afford in thte future. But again - the banks knew what was coming and shouldn't have loaned to them.

·
85kw of Brute Strength
829 Posts
i moved to a credit union once but then as they limit your transactions i moved back to a big bank and only pay $5 a month instead of $25 average ,

i dont wanna have to plan how much cash to take out cos i only get say 5 free transactions ,

in this day and age anyone who lugs more than $100 cash around is asking for trouble anyway, plenty of scum out there who are happy to relieve you of your cash after they see you paying in the shops ......

·
85kw of Brute Strength
829 Posts
What about credit card fraud or Id theft? more common than people being muged these days.

I have acounts with Bankwest, heaps of transactions per month for free.
the thefts you speak of above only seem more common because they are hyped up by the media , plain old fashioned robberies are virtually ignored by the same media.......

plenty around your area and mine everyday

bankwest belongs to CBA its not a credit union

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
What about credit card fraud
McDonalds now does not require signatures for anythign under $35.00 at the drive thru..

The ex-mistake told me that 7-11 now has a new eftpos machine that you "touch/swipe" and thats it.. no pin/signature either....

No wonder its gettin easier to lose your bux.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts