Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
41 - 60 of 706 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,888 Posts
I've been considering it. I could do with some lower intake temps.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
10,003 Posts
I've been considering it. I could do with some lower intake temps.
Doesn't take long to fit 10 mil socket. Philips head and Flat head screwdriver done in 10 minutes.

Reactions: 45/70

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,753 Posts
And a lower bank account..
Not everyone is a cheapskate like you :rolleyes:, it's just small change compared to others I've seen over the years :cool:.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,753 Posts
I've actually just ordered an intake temp gauge setup, had measured mine years ago but not recently.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,192 Posts
That stutter is getting to you, Ross. 😳

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,753 Posts
That stutter is getting to you, Ross. 😳
You have read the thread where I pointed out an issue, it also seems it can do it on its own from time to time.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,192 Posts
But why are you so special that it only happens to you? Serious question. 🤔

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,753 Posts
But why are you so special that it only happens to you? Serious question. 🤔
I have no idea why it only seems to happen to me here, but as I said in the forum issues thread I started that since reporting it, others VS forums in recent times have come back to me saying it is happening to some of their members, so VS are taking me seriously now.
Very strange, hence my question to our members in that thread, I'll take a screen shot of this.

EDIT: Here you go, thread posted, text still in post pane and yellow bars dancing.:

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,192 Posts
I have no idea why it only seems to happen to me here, but as I said in the forum issues thread I started that since reporting it, others VS forums in recent times have come back to me saying it is happening to some of their members, so VS are taking me seriously now.
Very strange, hence my question to our members in that thread, I'll take a screen shot of this.

EDIT: Here you go, thread posted, text still in post pane and yellow bars dancing.:
View attachment 522724
Is it something to do with the mod privilege you have? I dunno, just putting it out there.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,753 Posts
Is it something to do with the mod privilege you have? I dunno, just putting it out there.
I don't think so, it is happening to ordinary members of other forums so it seems. Even leaves the experts without a clue. Neither you nor I are going to be able to solve this, I've been working on it for nearly a month.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,278 Posts
Just when I decide to go for a fmic, this thread pops up... :rolleyes:
But think of all the permanent, irreversible butchery that you'll save by sticking with the FMIC, and the 1 of 15 unmolested GQ bonnets that will be saved.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,753 Posts
If lower intake temperatures are your thing, a FM is the go.

my last top mount surface temp hit 114 degrees on the dyno. Could’ve fried an egg on it!
A well positioned fan and/or a water spray bottle will fix that, I've been on dynos well over a hundred times with many different vehicles over the years, all this in manageable.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Not everyone is a cheapskate like you :rolleyes:, it's just small change compared to others I've seen over the years :cool:.
What is that high pitched squeaking noise I hear..Could it be troys arse????

Reactions: Marko_SJ
41 - 60 of 706 Posts