Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Well it is official for my 2000 GUII with a Cross Country IC, the big scoop made absolutely no difference to EGT, the study of intake and outlet temps will continue however :).

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
After towing the trailer around today, engine temperatures a bit lower whilst moving out of town, in town I turned the fans ( intercooler and radiator) on and temps were good.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
After towing the trailer around today, engine temperatures a bit lower whilst moving out of town, in town I turned the fans ( intercooler and radiator) on and temps were good.
Made no difference to engine temps on mine. But different engines and different setups will of course see different results.
But damn, it looks good :).

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
I’ve got a big lump of cast iron under the bonnet.😁

Reactions: Foo

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Don't listen to them Ross..
You are not a Dork and that's all that counts.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Don't listen to them Ross..
You are not a Dork and that's all that counts.
I don't, they are only jealous cause they don't have one.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
I may need to retract part of an earlier statement, it may not be apples to apples, I've just returned from a 397k round trip up to Crows Nest the back way where we go through an elevation of 760m along the way. I need to go back a step here, a while back I made some adjustments to my cruising boost and spoolup, this morning before leaving I made another adjustment which puts the system closer to where it was a few months ago, cruising boost only went up 1psi but spoolup lifted noticeably, the trip to Crows nest involves some steep climbs, 100k sections and dirt, I noticed EGT was down somewhere between 20-30c on average and recovered extremely quickly under heavy load, there was a noticeable improvement in torque.

Years ago I had an agreement with an older guy who ran a dyno, I made changes, he did a quick power run (no adjustments) and costs were minimal, that way I knew whether I had gone forward or backward with my projects. When I first fitted the CCIC and we did the run I was disappointed because it only went up 4hp and a change in the weather can do that, but, torque though improved significantly. I know the temp drop across the IC has improved since the big scoop went on and with spoolup closer to it's old self, the difference could be felt.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Could it just be the adjustment you did before you left?
I'm deaf not stupid, and been doing this a long time, I put it back to somewhere near earlier but not quite as aggressive so it would be comparable. As I indicated, my earlier statement was not based on apples to apples when I reflected on it so a reset was in order and todays trip was a good test bed. There is more to this but you will need to read my build thread when I write it up.

·
Go The Knights and Blues
32,905 Posts
Alright.. The Only way to find out for sure is to buy one myself and see...

Can you lend me a couple of bucks Gee.?
Or can I start a "go fund me page" on here?

Doesn't mean I'm a dork either. 🙄 Its for science purposes..

Edit: or a manufacturer could sponsor me..

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,018 Posts
💸💰here is some money to start you off Troy.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Sorry Brad but had to save the thread from Ross and toy..They were turning it into a pillow fight.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Alright.. The Only way to find out for sure is to buy one myself and see...

Can you lend me a couple of bucks Gee.?
Or can I start a "go fund me page" on here?

Doesn't mean I'm a dork either. 🙄 Its for science purposes..

Edit: or a manufacturer could sponsor me..
The Cheque is in the mail

Going to remount the 'temporary' temperature sensor on the bonnet for the Hideaway Bay trip, seeing as I have established a base line for ambient case temp I should be able to pick up a bit of data along the way. Had to make a little 'hood' for it as sunlight could make it hard to read at times, should be a little better.

Sorry Brad but had to save the thread from Ross and toy..They were turning it into a pillow fight.
Oh yeah, just love the amount of tech data Troy has supplied to this thread :rolleyes:

141 - 160 of 185 Posts