Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased Kaymar bumper last year with twin wheel carrier and jerry can holder etc etc....the bumper was fitted to my GU for it's Epic journey to Morocco in February 15'.
On the last day of my Moroccan adventure while loading the car into the container I noticed some bubbles appearing beneath the surface of the powdercoat so I took a few pictures and sent them off to Kaymar along with a letter asking them how this could happen when the bars are zinc primed etc before powdercoating.
They replied that this was not expected of their bumpers and that a new one would be sent to me here in Dubai at no charge to me what so ever.
Today the new bumper arrived by air freight...this must have been at a considerable expense to Kaymar...but I'm really pleased they honored their warranty and upheld their commitment to customers overseas for world class products.

I wonder how many other companies today would be willing to do this?

The bummer of course is that it's hotter than hell here now and I have to remove the old one to fit the new...but at least I get to keep the old one and will probably get around to selling it on at some time or another.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,471 Posts
Geez... That is awesome!

Big thumbs up to kaymar, very impressive customer service. Certainly wouldn't expect that.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Nice, good on you for posting this Streaky.

·
Registered
nissan
2,015 Posts
That's impressive service, almost justifies the price of their carriers

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,999 Posts
Excellent service.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
699 Posts
Great result! Well done Kaymar.

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, getting two for the price of one brings the price down a bit :)
Ha...I wish that was the case. They sent me the Rear Bumper only and the fitting hardware....everything else has to be switched over from the Original bumper which is going to take me an entire weekend!

I also received an email saying they're sorry that it even came around to having to replace it...at least they stand by their quality and shouldn't have to go to such measures to retain customer satisfaction. Viewers may recall from last year that the jerry can holder came to Dubai with a huge patch of powdercoat missing from one side.

I suppose if I had the time and resources I could get the old one sand blasted and then re-done but it would mean getting new swing-out arms made, searching for the lights, gas struts, etc etc.....or I could simply grind off the stub shafts and re-sell it as a standard steel bumper.

Either way...I'm very happy that they made the right decision in replacing the bar. I'm not out make a profit from this.

·
Registered
nissan
232 Posts
Full marks to Kaymar, good to read about an Aussie company with such a commitment to customer service without dodging their warranty by relying on "fine print clauses" in their warranties.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu6
1,601 Posts
That is fantastic customer service.
Will definitely be buying from them for my next patrol.
Got support a company that supports its customers.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
356 Posts
I also have a good news story from Kaymar I've been meaning to post up. Late last year I moved back to NZ and in the process of getting my Patrol with 5 year old rear bar compliance checked for the road the indicator/brake/reverse lights were found to not have any standard marking so I emailed and then called Kaymar and to my surprise they sent me their latest LED brake/indicator lights free of charge. I thought that was awesome customer service from them.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Patrol TB48 Pickup
245 Posts
The bummer of course is that it's hotter than hell here now and I have to remove the old one to fit the new...but at least I get to keep the old one and will probably get around to selling it on at some time or another.
Mate - have you sold it already? I'm looking for one exactly like that!

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi There.
Yes I still have it at home still in the box....but I'm sure the guys on here can confirm that the Station Wagon Kaymar rear bumper is a totally different design to the Pick-Up version.

Can anyone add to this?

The picture shows my Kaymar rear bumper...how would this fit a Pick-Up? The sides, the step etc...all different body panels.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cheers for the picture. That clears it up right away.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think it would involve cutting the rear fender and body panel.

PS - I removed that rear step. It was a matter of 4 bolts. 2 minute job. It would have torn off on a dune

1 - 19 of 19 Posts