Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu3 4.8
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dual fuel GU 4.8 has main tank removed to have 115 litre gas tank. The sub tank of 35 litre (?) is still intact but its pretty small and am wondering if I can get bigger one to replace?... I still use fuel alot to minimum valve damage while pushing it hard up steep hill or sand work. But i use gas to cruise.. .

Somewhere i read that there is a 80 litre sub tank?

·
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches
nissan patrol
2,633 Posts
I have the 81 litre sub tank from 4WD Systems. Mine is a diesel; not sure if that makes a difference?

Just be aware too that you will need to replace your upper trailing arm on the driver's side with a "boomerang-shaped" arm if you have any sort of lift in your suspension.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu3 4.8
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I rang 4WD System and they do make 78 litre subtank to replace the tiny standard one. I gonna get one real soon! :D

·
Registered
845 Posts
Mine is an LRA and is 75 litres. It has a notch in the tank for the trailing arm which has plenty of clearance for the standard arm with a 2 inch lift. The notch probably costs the 5 litres compared to the other one mentioned above.

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,544 Posts
I have the 81 litre sub tank from 4WD Systems. Mine is a diesel; not sure if that makes a difference?

Just be aware too that you will need to replace your upper trailing arm on the driver's side with a "boomerang-shaped" arm if you have any sort of lift in your suspension.
I've always intended to buy one of those, but I've read some questionable things about their fitment etc.

Did you have any issues Roachie?

I must admit they are priced very competitively and I'd do some 'modifying' rather than pay another $500!

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,962 Posts
Mine is 80L subtank. . . also got a big maintank. mine are Longranger, again i use diesel, plenty of impact marks, haven't broken it yet.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've got the 4WD systems tank in my tb45 and the only problem is one of the mounting tabs wasn't perfect and it caused the tank to sit a bit "scue wiff" rather than remove the entire tank and staighten the tab, (its a fair ***** to install on you own) i jacked up the front corner of the tank and put a thicker stiffer rubber spacer in. In the process of getting this right i jacked the entire side of the car up with nothing but a piece of floorboard between the tank and the nissan jack. So if this says anything, they are strong bastards (read also heavy). Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts