Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi blokes, has anybody on this forum compared a billet compressor wheel with a none billet compressor wheel off a UFI 18g turbo ? Apart from the none billet being cast & the billet wheel being machined what other differance is there between the two.

·
Registered
750 Posts
If someone has a std wheeled 18g I'm happy to do a back to back dyno run.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If someone has a std wheeled 18g I'm happy to do a back to back dyno run.
I have a standard 18g wheel & when I ordered my 18g ufi turbo I asked for the billet wheel & was told by Matt not to bother it was a waste of time & wouldn't make any differance that's why I'm wondering why everyone is so hooked on the billet turbos over the standard 18g ufi turbos.

·
Registered
750 Posts
They meant to be more efficient in higher boost but cost a little bit of response, I have not tested this myself. But would love to try one seeing how well the 18g billet pulls down low with the pump now, if it was 200rpm quicker in spool that would pulling hard from 1500rpm and full boost under 2000rpm

·
Registered
nissan
321 Posts
I have a standard 18g wheel & when I ordered my 18g ufi turbo I asked for the billet wheel & was told by Matt not to bother it was a waste of time & wouldn't make any differance that's why I'm wondering why everyone is so hooked on the billet turbos over the standard 18g ufi turbos.
I was told by Glen that the billets are only good if you're chasing big rwkw.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm only going to run 25# boost max in mine so that's probably why Matt told me not to bother with a billet wheel. I would like to see the two wheels side by side to see if there's any difference in the vane shape or vane depth. Also a dyno between the two on the same engine would be interesting.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sure matt would have a few sheets.
Haha 25pd max i was never going to run over 22pd that change quickly. ;)

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure matt would have a few sheets.
Haha 25pd max i was never going to run over 22pd that change quickly. ;)
Yea I know what you mean but I want as much reliability as I can get & engine life. After saying that my engine is getting another full re-build after doing just 1700Ks on a full rebuild where the rings weren't gaped & piston clearance not checked. I have a 550hp turbo charged water/meth injected RX3 coupe for my play toy. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts