Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have gone off RL over the last few years due to all the rubbish that has gone with it, but I must admit today I was heartened that there may still be a few high profile players who have that unusual quality called "loyalty". Billy Slater has resigned with the Storm for 4 years and will probably play out his career with them, well done mate.

I'm not a Storm fan, I'm a Tiger (lived in Balmain) and well remember guy's like Junior, Roachy and Sirro who were paid well but seemed to put loyalty at the top of their game, unlike some who would sell there soul for a few more bucks.

Feel better now, rant over, well done Billy.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Ahh yes Billy and his brown paper bags..

Champion indeed :rolleyes:

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Yeah, football heros. What would the world be without them?:rolleyes:

Cheers

Ray

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
334 Posts
Yeah, football heros. What would the world be without them?:rolleyes:

Cheers

Ray

old farts with to many opinions about **** that no one cares about. How will the world function without them:idiot:

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
old farts with to many opinions about **** that no one cares about. How will the world function without them:idiot:
Then why comment? :loser:

Role models? These two league players are not even house-trained

Only one in four Australians think footballers make good role models for young people, a survey of 1000 people by UMR Research shows.

And the worst of a bad bunch were rugby league players, unloved around the country and still on the nose in the dominant rugby league states of NSW and Queensland.
I think rugby league players are very nice, down-to-earth blokes.

I rest my case. :D

Cheers

Ray

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For ******* sake all I was commenting on was a bit of admiration for a high profile player showing some semblance of club loyalty to a club, where did this **** come from?

Their are old f**** and there are young w******, all young w****** turn into old f****, if they live that long.
:rolleyes: :D:eyepoke::headwall:

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
For ******* sake all I was commenting on was a bit of admiration for a high profile player showing some semblance of club loyalty to a club, where did this **** come from?

Their are old f**** and there are young w******, all young w****** turn into old f****, if they live that long.
:rolleyes: :D:eyepoke::headwall:
People were complaining about a slow week and then others get upset when things liven up a bit. :confused:

Anyway, loyalty lasts only as long as the next offer ($).:D

Cheers

Ray

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
People were complaining about a slow week and then others get upset when things liven up a bit. :confused:

Anyway, loyalty lasts only as long as the next offer ($).:D

Cheers

Ray
Slater has signed so it's a done deal, But, what about Wayne Bennett (who I can't stand a bar of, doesn't want to talk most of the time then if he has something to say, expects everyone to listen intently no matter what), Broncos sack Coach, speculation Bennett will return, install interim Coach, under mining of interim Coach by innuendo, Bennett (when he wants to say something) says it's not about the money......... then Newcastle comes up with a bigger offer. Bugger what did I expect..........

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Slater has signed so it's a done deal, But, what about Wayne Bennett (who I can't stand a bar of, doesn't want to talk most of the time then if he has something to say, expects everyone to listen intently no matter what), Broncos sack Coach, speculation Bennett will return, install interim Coach, under mining of interim Coach by innuendo, Bennett (when he wants to say something) says it's not about the money......... then Newcastle comes up with a bigger offer. Bugger what did I expect..........
Who was that player last year or thereabouts that signed on and then pissed off to the UK and then wanted to come back? :oops: shyt, I'm showing too much knowledge about something I care nothing about! :roll:

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
I was a Balmain man myself. Don't forget Benny and Ginger **** and Edmead...and that ***** with the long hair 'Hardball' or something. Also the old bumwad who was their major fan...you know, the one with the singlet. Didn't they have a fullback too 'Jack' or something?

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,648 Posts
slater scored a try today against paramatta, the atmosphere at aami park was electrifying as the storm smashed another team, oh and my brother plays for the storm u20's in the toyota cup as a prop

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Remember now, it was Hardwick & Laurie Nichols (I think)
League now gives me the tom-tits. In those days you knew who played for who. Didn't wonder where they'd be next season.

I've stopped watching it, except for Origin. Wouldn't even go to watch a local match.
All the crap has put me off...Hopoate and the 'finger-bang' all the other bad behaviour, including turd smearing and the like. Fark 'em. I'll watch international Rugby instead.
Couldn't bring myself to watch Soccer tho'...****'s game.

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
slater scored a try today against paramatta, the atmosphere at aami park was electrifying as the storm smashed another team, oh and my brother plays for the storm u20's in the toyota cup as a prop
Better than being a Hooker::D:D:D

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts
In regards to the OP can I say just one name: Darren Lockyer

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was a Balmain man myself. Don't forget Benny and Ginger **** and Edmead...and that ***** with the long hair 'Hardball' or something. Also the old bumwad who was their major fan...you know, the one with the singlet. Didn't they have a fullback too 'Jack' or something?
That would have been Garry Jack if I remember correctly. Big pie eating Artie Beetson lived just down the road from me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts