Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
321 Posts
Not sure about those lights but i bought a light bar off them and they're really good to deal with, nice enough, helpful etc.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,how's your light bar?,these have 8 led's and look like quality lights

·
Registered
nissan
321 Posts
Its ok, not as bright as i thought but i think my expectations were a little high. I already had 100w HiD spotties and i think i was expecting it to give better spot beam (it's a combo bar). the light bar gives a better all round light but the spotties still outshine it for distance. I'd buy one again knowing what i know now and that's always a good gauge of a product.

Reactions: Gasburner

·
Registered
nissan
472 Posts
They look interesting but ADR approved headlights require visible approval markings and i cant see any on them
Notice the markings on the light below

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you have a link for those Anti? if you go to BisonPro site/worklights and go in the page it has a list of approvals

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Just because its adr approved doesnt mean you can just slap them in and pass an inspection, unless youve have them signed off by an engineer its still illegal to change from halogen to led or hid.

Would love a set noless though as the halogens are hopeless.

Rick

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
I am very happy with my Truck lites , but mine were $400 delivered from the US.

If I paid local prices I would be pissed off. Stuff paying $1000 each for speakers!

My low beam is better now than my 2014 ford fiesta and high beam distance further than it has ever been, more than enough distance.
The white light is my only negative , I wish it was more yellow.
I think that I prefer yellow more as I am just used that colour.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
There not ADR approved. There is no mention of it anywhere. So the cut of is the wrong way meaning you need to adjust then lower to prevent blinding oncoming traffic.

There is a reason why they have RHD and LHD cut offs shields.:)

These lights are very over rated and there specs are a little over exaggerated from what I've personally seen of them.

You can get them in RHD but there price is nearly double of the US version.

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There not ADR approved. There is no mention of it anywhere. So the cut of is the wrong way meaning you need to adjust then lower to prevent blinding oncoming traffic.

There is a reason why they have RHD and LHD cut offs shields.:)

These lights are very over rated and there specs are a little over exaggerated from what I've personally seen of them.

You can get them in RHD but there price is nearly double of the US version.
BisonPro LED online store for LED Bar, spot & work lights

clearly states adr compliance

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
The ones in your ebay link don't say it anywhere and as I said you can get them in RHD but the ebay link doesn't say that.

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The ones in your ebay link don't say it anywhere and as I said you can get them in RHD but the ebay link doesn't say that.
go to their site. bisonpro.com/worklights/led headlights, they are a Melbourne company

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
I have just looked at it and most of it is Chinese. They claim the LEDs are made in the USA not the lights so I'm wondering if there a Chinese copy of the Speaker lights as there nearly half the price of genuine speakers last time I priced them.

I'm aware of Speakers (RHD) being ADR approved but I don't know about these regardless of what the website says. They look like copies of Speaker so I would be keen to see if they really are ADR approved as in ADR approval number or logo in lights as mentioned above.

It would be good to see an Australian company go that extra mile and do it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts