Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like another patrol user on here I have bitten the bullet and bought a 2008 3L Iveco dual cab light truck, 180HP, 6 sp robot auto. Not a 4x4 though they are worth a motza, and unlike WA there is plenty of 4x4's here in Bris available too.

Got a good buy at $34K at 55K Kms. Good steel tray back built by some mob in Gracemere. Will make a good caravan Tug, far better dare I say than the patrol.

I was almost going to pull the trigger on a Mine spec 2012 Ford Ranger dual cab 3.2L 5 cyl 6 sp auto, but got the Iveco for 5K less. Iveco looks like it just drove out of the showroom. Drove to Biloela Wednesday for a look see and a test drive.

Just got to move the Patrol now to make room in the driveway, no room for 4 vehicles, a caravan and box trailer.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
I drove our work one the other day. If I were pulling a big van around Aus, I would not be looking at a Patrol after driving that thing.

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might be only 3 L but it is the one that comes with the 5 L heart.... the 40K/ annual service intervals don't hurt either...But I will still fit an EGR blank plate...

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
4.5l V8 Diesel giving 10.5 litres 100klms towing a loaded 7x5 box trailer at 115 klms makes me a happy person also. I do miss the luxury of a patrol though and how well they are built.

All I can say is wise up Nissan and fit a V8 diesel.

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep 4.2 is going up for sale from Thursday, just don't know what to put on it want it gone fast, but don't want to give it away for a silly price. Probably high teens will see it gone fast...

·
Registered
Nissan/GU
1,083 Posts
Yep 4.2 is going up for sale from Thursday, just don't know what to put on it want it gone fast, but don't want to give it away for a silly price. Probably high teens will see it gone fast...
High teens? I reckon that will grow wings and fly pretty darn quick, I would be more inclined with low 20's for a fast sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts