Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it 100% crystal clear to Black Widow that all of the items in my order are for a 2009 LWB GU Patrol.
The storage Drawers, the Cargo Barrier, the Drop down Fridge slide and the divider with upper storage shelf. I also told them that I will fit an Engal MT45 fridge to the fridge slide.
How annoying it is when I start to fit everything and then find out that I can not use an upper storage shelf with an Engal MT45 fridge because the height simply isn't enough.
That's $550 dollars wasted...not including the cost of air freight!

Next gripe is that the fitting instructions are so wrong it's untrue! They tell you to drill two holes in the floor at specific points...which I did...only to find out that these holes are right on top of the suspension coil spring mounts.:badidea:

At the end of a very long and hot day I got the drawers fitted.....but it could have been a shorter and hassle free day if Black Widow actually practiced what they preach in the instruction literature.

When sending goods for Export I have found that every single one (3 so far) of the Australian suppliers that I've dealt with are not familiar with the overseas variant of the Patrol GU.
I will send them them some useful information and photo's that hopefully ensure they can incorporate some design changes into LHD LWB Patrols with air con in the rear.

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
Welcome aboard! The "aftermarket" where nothing fits, costs "arm and the leg" and it is always customer fault when products are shyte!.

However, since these are Australian companies you are dealing with they'd have no fecking clue about overseas models heck they're clueless about Australian models so what do you expect?

Buyers beware.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,351 Posts
Australian delivered patrols post 2010? have aircon in the rear, left hand side. Is yours different?

Demand a refund for the unusable shelf and postage... post results here... after all their screw up not yours...

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John...my 09' also has AC in the rear left side.

I'll say one thing about the Aussie products...the engineering quality is first class. My mate just came back last night from a 10 day trip to Oman....his locally (UAE) made swing out spare wheel carrier literally fell off his brand new Land Cruiser! Lucky his daughter following in her Jeep didn't hit it!

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chinese??.....Nooooo wayyyyyyyy! I was told Ironman4x4 is made in China so dropped them as a potential supplier. I opted for user feedback from people on here as my final choice...I still think I made the right one.

I just dug out a mail in which I asked specifically if my order combination would work in a GU and was told that it's a very popular combination with BW customers......lets see the reply.

I'm not having much luck with my Aussie order...the Kaymar powder coating, this affair with things not fitting....the Long Ranger tank is now okay but I still had to modify things to make it fit!

·
Registered
nissan
2,686 Posts
Unfortunately nothing is perfect in this world. Mass produced things are never identical to the next. Take two mass produced things ie your vehicle and your tank. Doesn't mean they will fit like a glove.

I feel for you mate I really do. But there are planes being shot out of the sky and people being gunned down in the street. I realize your spending your hard earned and want it perfect. I would too. But there are worse things in the world my friend.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
But when you pay a premium for things , it should not matter if the pope has been shot , it should be perfect. You don't go to Nissan an buy a patrol that the door does not open a say she'll be right, nothing's perfect .

Powder coating should have been checked, welds checked .

Draws should have been checked and made sure every thing is there and will fit .

Pretty sure they would have a jig to make sure the rank will fit correctly .
All this would take 5 or 10 mins to look over before dispatch and it would save a lot of time and bad publicity being flung around.

Sent using carrier pigeon from Bill Lawrie

·
Registered
nissan
2,214 Posts
I agree that the gear should all fit without any alterations or if there is to be any alterations made then they make a note that this may be the case similar to what superior engineering and marks adapters do with some of their gear. There shouldn't be any difference in the layout of the rear cargo area between a aussie model and a OS model.

·
Registered
nissan
2,686 Posts
Having hands on experience in the fitting industry (especially vehicles), has taught me that not everything is perfect and not everything fits without hassle.
Not only the parts but the vehicles as well.
Most of the time its hassle free but every now and then we get the friday afternoon beer oclock job.

I hear what your saying but the fact is unfortunately not everything that comes off an assembly line is perfectly identical to the next. 9 times out of 10 it might be but all it takes is one.

·
Registered
Nissan
7,088 Posts
Having hands on experience in the fitting industry (especially vehicles), has taught me that not everything is perfect and not everything fits without hassle.
Not only the parts but the vehicles as well.
Most of the time its hassle free but every now and then we get the friday afternoon beer oclock job.

I hear what your saying but the fact is unfortunately not everything that comes off an assembly line is perfectly identical to the next. 9 times out of 10 it might be but all it takes is one.
He's talking about ordering something that was never going to fit. I.e. fridge with upper shelf. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out it wont fit.... they should have known this. I am sure its not the first time

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quite right Mr Klappers...it's not the first time and to add to this I received an email back from them today along with photos from their own Patrol GU archive that say...' In these circumstances we would add 2 x 20mm spacers to add clearance height to the top shelf'.

So they have seen my problem on other installations and knew the standard set-up wouldn't work. At least they have offered to send me the required spacers free of charge so I can complete my installation. This is much better corrective action than Kaymar who just 'grunted' at me down to phone by way of a hollow apology!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts