Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have been trying to remove a blank switch panel on my centre consul, I have an 05 auto ZD3.0

on the right hand side of the centre consul I have one antenna switch and 0ne power/hold switch. I would like to remove the blank panels along side the current switches to install a switch for a work light which will just sit above spare tyre on barn doors

do the panels pull out or do I have to cut the top of the panel to remove it

I would appreciate any help before I go crazy with hammer and chisel

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2 Posts
gday i think from memory they had little grub screws that held them in place on the underside, remove the console and flip it over;)

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
gday i think from memory they had little grub screws that held them in place on the underside, remove the console and flip it over;)
X2... haven't had experience with the 05 Auto specifically but on all other 'Trolls I've done the blanks come out from the back most are clips some (07's) have small self tappers holding the blanks in place MY05 could be the same... pull the console out and it should be easy peasy.

·
Registered
nissan
198 Posts
Yep, console/dash facia has to come out so you can access the blanks from the back. Then the screws can be removed and the blanks will come out.

Cheers
Craig

·
Registered
nissan
207 Posts
Make sure you find the console screw that hides under the ashtray ;) and then the screws each side of the console near the floor.
Cheers
Anthony

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that means that i have to disconnect the hig/low range leather encloser which is held on by none slip washer clips that fit over plastic luges which break very easly might have to change my mind on the postion of the knew swicth

thanks for the info

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
61 Posts
Nah leave the clips and leather alone, just unscrew gear knob, and remove console with boots in one piece.

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
Hi all
..on the right hand side of the centre consul I have one antenna switch and 0ne power/hold switch. I would like to remove the blank panels along side the current switches to install a switch for a work light which will just sit above spare tyre on barn doors
do the panels pull out or do I have to cut the top of the panel to remove it
I've done the same thing myself, the Narva "3 way" switch (can't remember the part number) will just slot straight in to the blank space, no modifications are needed. The centre panel will come off as single piece with the lever boots as well just remove/unscrew the knobs, it is just a matter of maneuvering the panel out the levers need to be in the forward positions. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
198 Posts
that means that i have to disconnect the hig/low range leather encloser which is held on by none slip washer clips that fit over plastic luges which break very easly might have to change my mind on the postion of the knew swicth

thanks for the info
There is enough play in the leather encloser to unscrew and lift the console up and slide it back to get to the dash screws without totally removing the console.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts