Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

621 - 640 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,014 Posts
Sad, I was otherwise engaged with the Show and Shine and a bit of alcohol consumption so missed it, sounds like I didn't miss much :(.
You missed a complete capitulation. At one stage a 7 man kiwi scrummed pushed us off the ball......pathetic. However, with Kurtley Beals decent game in Perth, he will have cemented his spot as the token Aboriginal for the world cup

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #622
Big game on now AU V England, last 6 games the Poms have won, this is life or death for Cheika, and our national pride.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
Big game on now AU V England, last 6 games the Poms have won, this is life or death for Cheika, and our national pride.
The way he has chopped n changed the Team around, I would be surprised if we beat the Poms. There hasn't been any consistency in the Team since this series has started. :unsure:

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #624
The way he has chopped n changed the Team around, I would be surprised if we beat the Poms. There hasn't been any consistency in the Team since this series has started. :unsure:

Foo
33-16 with 8 min to go..... Bye bye Michael.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,014 Posts
thank Christ that chapter of Australian Rugby is over. I still live in hope that some of the board members and CEO will fall on their sword like Ckeika, then we can start the long road fixing the mess that these wankers have got us in.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
You would have to hope that Raelene Castle resigns, but would then worry that Peter Beaty doesn’t step up for the job. 🙄

Reactions: Haggie and Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #630
OMG the Kiwis had better get their finger out, getting done badly, 10-zip.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
To late. 🤣 Everyone back here will be singing all hail King Eddie, lets get him back. :unsure: :rolleyes:

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #632
To late. 🤣 Everyone back here will be singing all hail King Eddie, lets get him back. :unsure: :rolleyes:

Foo
Have a looklook at his record at the helm of Australia, he was sacked by Rugby Australia, lost something like 7 games in a row, 8 of their last 9. After AU was beaten by Wales he got the chop.

I not sure it is that simple, I would love to see an Aussie Coach get a go. The next team will be vastly different from the one we have seen, this is a big building project now.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
Have a looklook at his record at the helm of Australia, he was sacked by Rugby Australia, lost something like 7 games in a row, 8 of their last 9. After AU was beaten by Wales he got the chop.

I not sure it is that simple, I would love to see an Aussie Coach get a go. The next team will be vastly different from the one we have seen, this is a big building project now.
Yep, lets hope so!

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
2,014 Posts
Australian Rugby has much bigger problems than the coach. The board needs a clean out and they have to start growing the game at the grass roots. They need to somehow convince a free to air TV station to cover a national series and promote the hell out of it. The problem is, no TV channel will pay for it and RA don't have the money to live without the Fox money, which is killing the sport in Aus while it is growing everywhere else around the world. A vicious circle that was the making of the RA board who squandered the money and popularity the sport had in 2003.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #635
Australian Rugby has much bigger problems than the coach. The board needs a clean out and they have to start growing the game at the grass roots. They need to somehow convince a free to air TV station to cover a national series and promote the hell out of it. The problem is, no TV channel will pay for it and RA don't have the money to live without the Fox money, which is killing the sport in Aus while it is growing everywhere else around the world. A vicious circle that was the making of the RA board who squandered the money and popularity the sport had in 2003.
Agree, and start with Raelene Castle.

·
Registered
nissan
6,755 Posts
they have to start growing the game at the grass roots.
I'd say this was working well 10-15 years ago, at least in NQ. Rugby had a full time development officer here who would promote the game in all the schools and help out the local clubs as well as arrange former Wallabies as speakers at fund raisers. The number of kids in the local comp trebled in 3 years but either the money ran out or the level of improvement dropped off and the contract was not renewed. The game has withered locally since that time.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #637
I'd say this was working well 10-15 years ago, at least in NQ. Rugby had a full time development officer here who would promote the game in all the schools and help out the local clubs as well as arrange former Wallabies as speakers at fund raisers. The number of kids in the local comp trebled in 3 years but either the money ran out or the level of improvement dropped off and the contract was not renewed. The game has withered locally since that time.
This is why NZ are normally so good, it is an institution there (same in England, same in South Africa) Rugby League there is about the same as Rugby Union here in that respect.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #639
The board appointed that dope, so start with them, then get rid of her, then restructure Rugby in Australia.
And bring back Israel Folau :).

·
Registered
nissan
2,014 Posts
And bring back Israel Folau :).
Personally I couldn't care less about that twit. I have always thought he was over rated as a player. I don't agree with his sacking for what he did, and I have no doubt that he will bleed Aus Rugby dry before it is all finalised, but as a player, we are better off without him in the team.

621 - 640 of 656 Posts