Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy,

Dropped the fuel and changed the filter on the GQ and have gone to bleed it and run into a snag. The Gregory's manual says there should be a bleed nipple on the fuel return line banjo bolt of the injector pump step 1 and on top of the filter housing step 2, but as seen below mine has a blank bolt on the banjo nut on the injector pump and no bleed nipple on the filter housing.

As i do not have the bleed nipple, i was thinking of removal the outlet line on the filter housing and priming until i get fuel but then how does one bleed the injector pump without the bleed nipple. Do have have to crack the injectors to bleed the injector pump?

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
sorry cant help, I thought this was a thread about women, Yes its normal for them to bleed for a week and not die. evil i know, never trust them!! lol

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
sorry cant help, I thought this was a thread about women, Yes its normal for them to bleed for a week and not die. evil i know, never trust them!! lol

ROALMAO!!

Seriously though OP, you just undo the bolt and pump the the plunger until you see no air come out, bleed nipples are for sissys.

·
Registered
nissan
11,202 Posts
On most things I've ever bleed you just pump em till they are hard and away you go. Apart from my inline pump have never had to crack a bleed nipple ever

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,506 Posts
As an aside, what model GQ do you have?

Your filter is mounted in a different spot to mine, and if possible I will move mine to the same spot as yours. Is that the factory spot or have you moved it yourself?

·
Registered
Nissan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i am stumped i have bleed the system right up the injector pump and still no start, has to be a fuel issues (only thing that has changed from last time it started). Guess i will have to take off the filter housing and crack the injectors tomorrow and see how that goes.

The filter is in the factory spot, I would say you could move it to this position, as the holes are there to fit on the otherside.

lol dam diesels !!!!

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Do your outlet pipe on the filter first Few pumps have hose loose and pull it off,plenty of rags!, Do it at the filter a few times then go down and pump and crack the banjo bolt same thing do it a few times. Maybe go past a wrecker or IP shop and get the bleed bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
109 Posts
dont worry bout the bolt man, just loosen the one ya got!! hit that black plunger a few times till no more air bubbles and it should be firing.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Well i am stumped i have bleed the system right up the injector pump and still no start, has to be a fuel issues (only thing that has changed from last time it started). Guess i will have to take off the filter housing and crack the injectors tomorrow and see how that goes.

The filter is in the factory spot, I would say you could move it to this position, as the holes are there to fit on the otherside.

lol dam diesels !!!!
What model is your GQ?

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
dont worry bout the bolt man, just loosen the one ya got!! hit that black plunger a few times till no more air bubbles and it should be firing.
Ya cant just loosen the bolt and pump you have to pump up the preasure on the filter pump to push the air through then loosen the bolt!

·
Registered
nissan
109 Posts
[qoute]Ya cant just loosen the bolt and pump you have to pump up the preasure on the filter pump to push the air through then loosen the bolt! [/quote]

ive always just cracked the bolt, then pumped the plunger and watched the fuel stream coming out for when the bubbly ceases.

·
Registered
nissan
109 Posts
Ya cant just loosen the bolt and pump you have to pump up the preasure on the filter pump to push the air through then loosen the bolt!
ive always just cracked the bolt, then pumped the plunger and watched the fuel stream coming out for when the bubbly ceases.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Ill'e try that next time! Just thought you needed the preasure there first.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
get a lift pump

seriously
Got any pics,Brands etc. Im'e keen.Do they have the glass bowl or are they just put inline somewhere?

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
On the 2.8 I have a Carter P4600HP (100gph @ 8psi) with a CAV296 filter with inspection bowl/drain before the main Ryzo Z332.

When I modify the tube tray on the GQ it will have all the fuel filters and lift pump contained in one of those undertray triangular sort of wheel well boxes. Will be another Carter 4600.

Il find the threads/pics and put them up later, got a 2:30 meeting to get to.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
As an aside, what model GQ do you have?

Your filter is mounted in a different spot to mine, and if possible I will move mine to the same spot as yours. Is that the factory spot or have you moved it yourself?
The early GQ's had them on the passengers side (R/H drive model), the later ones are on the drivers side near the battery.

Well i am stumped i have bleed the system right up the injector pump and still no start
Sounds like you need to bleed it at the injectors.

On the 2.8 I have a Carter P4600HP (100gph @ 8psi) with a CAV296 filter with inspection bowl/drain before the main Ryzo Z332.
Are the Carter pumps noisy? I've got the feebay special which looks like a rip off of a Holley Red pump. It's so damn noisy but it does the job.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Cheers for the info. Looks like another job for me to do now. LOL.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Are the Carter pumps noisy? I've got the feebay special which looks like a rip off of a Holley Red pump. It's so damn noisy but it does the job.
Nope it mounts on little rubber blocks, you can hear when glowing but not when the donks running.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts