Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
Have just spent three days down at my mate's place near Cobargo. The fire damage in the area is mind boggling in it's extent and destruction. He didn't loose his machinery shed with his tractor and two boats in it or the main house. A three bedroom house and workshop (which he spent $50,000 on two months ago) plus a shed is totally destroyed as well as every other bit of infrastructure on the property. Water tanks, generators (3) pumps, irrigation, power lines, mowers, trailers and 10s of thousands worth of tools and other equipment etc etc. We spent the time doing assessments and listing the losses. We had to remove a number of fallen trees just to get into the place. Some trees were still smouldering and fell down while we were there. The assessors will come at the end of next week for insurance purposes. He was very emotional as all the hard work he has put into the place has come to naught. He still does have the main house and he have bought another generator to give basic power to the house. Going down with him next Thursday while the assessor is there. Can't really do anything to the place until its been assessed.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Have just spent three days down at my mate's place near Cobargo. The fire damage in the area is mind boggling in it's extent and destruction. He didn't loose his machinery shed with his tractor and two boats in it or the main house. A three bedroom house and workshop (which he spent $50,000 on two months ago) plus a shed is totally destroyed as well as every other bit of infrastructure on the property. Water tanks, generators (3) pumps, irrigation, power lines, mowers, trailers and 10s of thousands worth of tools and other equipment etc etc. We spent the time doing assessments and listing the losses. We had to remove a number of fallen trees just to get into the place. Some trees were still smouldering and fell down while we were there. The assessors will come at the end of next week for insurance purposes. He was very emotional as all the hard work he has put into the place has come to naught. He still does have the main house and he have bought another generator to give basic power to the house. Going down with him next Thursday while the assessor is there. Can't really do anything to the place until its been assessed.
Mate, the main thing is, you're there for him and can lend emotional support and that is priceless. ;)(y)

Foo

LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
A terrific example of why our country is currently being destroyed by bushfire, thanks for sharing. The more we highlight these idiots, the sooner we'll be rid of them. That idiot will be ousted as mayor pretty quickly.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
A terrific example of why our country is currently being destroyed by bushfire, thanks for sharing. The more we highlight these idiots, the sooner we'll be rid of them. That idiot will be ousted as mayor pretty quickly.
It will be very interesting whether this 'idiot' gets re elected, will be watching with interest.

Dare I say this 'idiot' may have much more experience being a local than he may be given credit for by 'outsiders'.

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
He鈥檚 very popular there. But what would I know, I鈥檓 just a redneck.
71814170-C803-471D-9BE4-B55A4C74E66A.jpeg

Registered
nissan gq
Being the suspicious bugger I am,I've wondered about the use of fires as a terrorist action,or instigated by other -- entities,like the magicians leggy,skantily clad assistant to draw attention from the real event in play apparently on the sidelines [nothing to see here] when you consider things like the foreign attempts to buy/lease strategic assets,food production and infrastructure.
Check this video,Simon looks a bit Einstein but he digs up a lot of interesting facts.

Cheers,G.

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Saw that on the news, sad. 馃槱

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Yes, extremely sad, once again highlights the dangers faced by the men and women who work in our service. All crew were Americans I'm lead to believe?

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Off to K.I tomorrow taking the caravan across and be there for a week, relieving some of our crew that have been there for weeks.
For an idiot, you're a good bloke! 馃槆 Take care over there. 馃檪

Foo

just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
For an idiot, you're a good bloke! 馃槆 Take care over there. 馃檪

Foo
Mainly do the driving side of things let the young fellas do the hard yards. Fires out its just watching for any flare ups now.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Throw a lure or livey out the back on the way. :)

Foo

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
41 - 60 of 77 Posts