Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just had friends and their kids over and a couple of hangers on ( extra stray kids ). They're roughly the same ages as our kids. 0ne of the kids had a broken ankle and grazing down his side from an earlier bike accident. My kid (15) has been busy building bike jumps for a bit. The broken kid is on crutches. They felt they needed to keep the broken kid involved with the afternoons activities. Fair enough. Great idea. Can't fault them for that. I'm happy they looked after their mate. How ? They stuck him and his crutches into the wheel barrow and ran over the jumps with the busted kid in the wheel barrow. All the males ( including me and my mate ( father of busted kid ) are in trouble. The mums are not happy.

Can't win....

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Sorry, but I couldn't help laughing. Kids, eh? I remember doing dumb things when I was young (about 55 years ago, mind you..) such as setting off a fire extinguisher in a tourist camp at Victoria Falls, setting fire to the curtains while playing with matches, etc etc...

Mate, it could be worse. They could be running away from shells and rockets, dodging minefields...

We do OK here in OZ

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
I reckon that's ace , good on the young ones for helpin their mate out , that's what memories are made from , not reading a book, looking out the window , wondering
Being in trouble , they must have seen you and your mate, laughing and smiling , you know they don't like that
Isn't testosterone Latin for logic be gone
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
10 out 10 for coming up with the barrow idea. Made me smile.

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts
Men will be boys and boys will always be boys.

Women will always be handbrakes and kill joys.

Deep down the girls would be laughing about it.
This is just so accurate it's scarey

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,781 Posts
Shoulda mounted wheels on the back of the wheelbarrow so they could launch him down the ramp!

·
Registered
nissan
238 Posts
At that age, I was carving up on the roads and experimenting with explosives and the old man's ww2 vintage 303...tell the women to be glad they were just having good clean safe fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts