Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,789 Posts
got one but not fitted yet.have a blos stream mixer which made a big difference to power.will be fitting the blos carby with a m90 in a mth or so

·
Registered
nissan
122 Posts
so can you boost it the same? i.e. with just a reference line?

also the listing quotes 200bhp - if you boost the intake does that mean the carb can supply a proportionaly greater amount of fuel?

how do you tune it to get the correct afr?

·
GHMBC #3
3,789 Posts
hit the link and download pdf- instructions .its made for boost but you need a positive pressure convertor like a BRC AT900e

·
GHMBC #3
3,789 Posts
Looks interesting. But the part about only supporting 200HP looks a bit disappointing. Hurry up and install it gasburner so we can learn if it the next best thing. Please.
you can fit 2 lol.how many kw does yr rb make at the wheels?

i have one of their 70mm stream mixers and a BRC at90e it gives more power and puts plenty of gas into intake- these things are supposed to be better again,hope so but just ordered another one incase i need 2

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
My rb makes about 240-250hp at the wheels so lets say about 260-270 at the fly. Two would definitely be needed and I consider my setup to be very mild to low power. I just read the manual and I still can work out how the variable orifice will open properly under boost unless there is a pressure difference after the moving flap (which is not a good thing). But of course I'm not an engineer and don't understand fluid dynamics.

·
Registered
nissan
122 Posts
as i understand it if your running under boost your forcing more air though the same orifice and assuming you have a reference line your fuel flow rate will increase proportionally so the 200hp quoted will increase.

·
Cruisin for a bruisin
1,732 Posts
These things do work but they make the motor thirsty. Or maybe its because you get such a better response that you sink the slipper harder.

Have had one on a Holden panel van on LPG and CNG. Worked better on CNG but definately better than Impco on LPG as well.

Reactions: Gasburner

·
GHMBC #3
3,789 Posts
These things do work but they make the motor thirsty. Or maybe its because you get such a better response that you sink the slipper harder.

Have had one on a Holden panel van on LPG and CNG. Worked better on CNG but definately better than Impco on LPG as well.
cool and at 74 cents a litre bring on the power lol

using 20l/100 now,about to shove 15psi into it and if consumption doesn't go above 32l/100 it will cost the same as a td using 16l/100 with out rollin any coal haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts