·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
jimako said:
So you cant do a body lift if you got airbags ?
nope. Why do you need a body lift?

It changes the angles and heights of triggers hitpoints or some **** for the airbags. You could remove all your airbags.

Or you modify everything and re crashtest your car. But you knew that from all the other threads asking it.

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess ill have to save up for a suspension left then

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
jimako said:
I guess ill have to save up for a suspension left then
do it right, do it once. A body lift is a half arsed way to do it and stresses your body panels where they mount.

YMMV

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
It changes the angles and heights of triggers hitpoints or some **** for the airbags. You could remove all your airbags.

Bodylift or suspension lift as far as the airbag sensor it's the same thing.
2" suspension lift raises the airbag sensors
2" bodylift raises the airbag sensors. same difference
Check with the DOT in your state
Legal to do a bodylift in QUEENSLAND
by the way you need 10 solid blocks & 2 soft blocks for the rear floor pan
Cheers

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well if i raise it enough to stop the sensors deploying the airbag i can just drive over whatever is in front of me :lol:

·
Registered
nissan
57 Posts
I removed the fuse of the airbag, and the put out the red led on the dash also, airbag and off-road, they don't go together.:)

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
2" body lift ok in sa I applied and was told didnt need to as long as its only 2" above factory

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
removing airbags is just as illegal as having a bodylift with airbags, If your car has factory fitted airbags by law you have to maintain them so they are working, you cant even fit an aftermarket wheel, they will not sell you the boss kit for it.

I dropped my girlfriends car to the auto elecies to get the computer reset, they said that some spring in the bag assembly may be stuffed which is why the airbag light was staying on, i said nah it was because i drove it with the airbag out, i told them if i was up for a new bag then ill just pull the globe out and leave it without, to which he responded im not allowed to let you take the car if you do not fix the bag.

he reset the computer and it was all good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts