Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a 2inch lift on my patrol with dobinson coils, I want to fit 33's, but I don't think they'll fit. So i'm not sure if I should fit a 1inch or 2inch body lift or just 30mm coil spacers?

HELP?

·
Registered
nissan gq
96 Posts
33's should fit mate with a 2 inch lift. I have 2 inch dobinson coils (actually more of a 3 inch lift) and run 33's no problem. If ya wanna do a bodylift, just do one, theres alot of guys with 2 inch spring plus 2 inch body lift.

I'd recommend getting one of zordo's bodylift kits if ya wanna do it properly though.

·
Registered
nissan
73 Posts
body lift

Hi Reid93,
I have a 1990 GQ LWB, I only fitted a second hand set of 2" lift springs and I am running 33" muds, the only time I have had them scrape was on a fair bit of angle. So your 33"s will fit.

·
Registered
nissan
1,032 Posts
i had 2inch tough dog lift and fitted 33x12.5s scrubed something shocking chew out some of the tyres etc, put 30mm spacers in with longer shocks only rubs on the inner guard now ( they all do ) for 33s i would recommend going 3inch and 33s or just cut some of your guards

Cheers
Jamie

·
Registered
Nissan
314 Posts
you go over your 2" and you'll need just a few more things then just spacers..
castor bushes as a minmum to get the angle right for starters.
adj. panhards front an rear ...so, ad another 600 bucks or so...and shocks on top of that..

·
Registered
nissan
95 Posts
You should fit 33" tyres with a 2" lift but if there is a problem the body lift is an easy mod to do, as said before talk to ZORDO he's a top bloke and knows his stuff.

I have a 2" body lift in mine with 3"suspension lift and 35's no worries.
All you need for the 3" suspension lift is springs, shocks, castor bushes and adjust the brake bias bracket, No need for adjustable panhard's untill you go 4"+

cheers

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,295 Posts
yeah mate i've only got the standard shocks atm, i will put lovells gas shocks on as soon as i can afford it though.
Hey mate, i would be spending the cash on a set of shocks to suit the 2" springs before worrying about a body lift or even 33s to be honest. Your standard shocks will be a little short mate and will restrict your articulation a heap.

Even a second had set of something will be a winner over the junk your running mate if you have a GQ with factory shocks still under it.

Your original question => you should be able to get 33s under her no worries mate, if you have original nissan wheels then the offset will be your downfall and will see you scrub a bit. changing to a neg22 or Landcruiser offset will see you sitting straight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.