Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've done a search and have come up with a gazzillion threads about body lifts but nothing to answer my question.

My GQ has a 2" body lift. The lower radiator shroud has been removed to clear the fan. As with seemingly many GQ's it gets warm under constant highway load. My old hilux did this until I fixed the fan shroud up.

Question is, do I modify the fan shroud to suit the radiator sitting 2" higher than the engine, do I drop the radiator down to suit the motor or not bother at all?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,295 Posts
Take your radiator out and give it a good flush mate, you will be surprised how much mud is in the fins around the radiator shroud. There will be clear fins for the shape of the fan only and the rest could easily be blocked full of mud.

Lots of GQs running around with no mods to the radiator and a 2" body lift.

Also, check that your viscous fan is even operational??? much more likely.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
What he said. Also check your aircon condensor isn't blocked as well. All in all, the best thing to do is drop the rad to suit, but modifying the shroud will have the same effect. I haven't done any of that, but i know my radiator is good, and is also clean, and I have no issues.

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
Did a two inch body lift on the shorty nearly twelve months ago. Had some heating problems initially, but that was more due to the water pump having past its use by date i think. Replaced that and its lucky to get to half way no matter what the conditions. Just have to see how it goes now summer is coming up. But I cant forsee any problems arising.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,620 Posts
A quick mod a few beers and the bottom of the shroud could be refitted
Yes alot do run without them,
Certainly wont hurt (if everything else is good) to refit the bottom shroud half

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.