Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have tried searching but didnt have much luck. I am taking delivery of a TD42t powered Coil cab in the near future and noticed it did not have a boost gauge. Im keen to install one ( along with a pyro etc at a later date ) Just wondering what is the best pickup point to measure the boost on a factory turbo 4.2?

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
There is a rubber hose coming off the back of the cooler, I put a t piece there and works fine

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I should have mentioned that it is a non-intercooled model. That post helped me out. Thanks guys

·
Registered
nissan patrol
187 Posts
I have read that on 4.2 TDi don"t need boost gauge and egr gauge as there"s no ecu.

Is that right?

·
Registered
67 Posts
mine used to be non intercooled aswell, after purchasing the intercooler kit off Big O there is a perfect feed whole the connects to the the side of the intercooler, im thinking the only way to tap into inlet (non intercooled)is possibly drill and tap thread into it and feed connection off that.
jelmet> you most definantly should have a boost gauge to monitor and also tuning purposes, a pyro is to monitor exhaust gas temps positioned directly after turbo in dump pipe to monitor temps.
TD42 do not have ecu's they are a mechanical injector pump

·
Registered
nissan patrol
699 Posts
Bit of a thread dig here.

I'm installing a VDO boost gauge and will use the above hose coming off the intercooler as a source. My gauge comes with a small diameter relatively hard plastic tube, certainly not rubber. I get how this goes onto the gauge. I have 2 questions.

1) what sort of "T" piece do you use to allow the attachment of the plastic tube?
2) where do you run this tube through the firewall?

Any help would be great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts