Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gday all just a quick question..
Im installing my boost gauge this week and was wondering if i should put the boost guage pressure nipple tapped into the intake mainifold in in the piping between the intercooler and the turbo or somewhere else ?? (And also can you t into the boost compesator line beacuse i would like to see what it boosts atm)

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
257 Posts
Normally they get installed between the turbo and the intake manifold... In your case that would be on the exit side of the intercooler... Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

Remove the pressure relief valve from the intake elblow and put a bung in it with a smaller fitting that will suit your boost gauge line. This will give you manifold pressure :)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
best put it as close to the motor as possible, as you will get slight loss through intercooler etc, so if its at motor then you know exactly whats going in. and if your real game, put one right at the turbo outlet, so you can see how much its putting out, then you can see how much your loosing.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
where landy has his is definitly the best spot to do it but as a temp thing i just t'd mine into the waste gate actuator and it works fine there for now

·
Registered
nissan patrol
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So by removing the pressure relief valve and putting boost gauge line off the reducer what then takes the role of the pressure relif valve (sorry i am new to this stuff and would like to learn about it)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
nothing once its gone it gone tho if your only running stock boost (6psi) then it wont hurt it not having it
or if you wish to keep the pressure relief valve
just take the whole elbow off, drill and tap a new hole into it just for the boost guage fitting

·
Registered
nissan patrol
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yer i wont bother with it i will up the boost to about 10psi then i will go from there. CHEERS

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
Yer i wont bother with it i will up the boost to about 10psi then i will go from there. CHEERS
if you up the boost you'll have to get rid of that boost bleed off valve anyways mate otherwise once the boost starts to creap over 6psi it will open thats what mine did when i was testing to see how much boost i could achieve befor it opened with the waste gate disconnected

·
Registered
nissan patrol
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yer put in gauge today as previously said only has 6 psi stock boost will up it this weekend whats the best way of doing this fuel and boost or just boost and how to tune fuel and boost together?????? CHEERS

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
to get more boost the proper way you need a boost controller this is t'd into the waste gate hose

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Manual-Boost...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ba7b9b47

its probly best to get a qualified diesel fuel pump guy to tune your fuel pump but the main screw on side screw it out in small incroments to give more fuel and the one on the back of the pump is controlled by boost and im not intierly sure which way is the right way so hopefully someone can fill that gap in for ya

good luck mate

·
Registered
nissan patrol
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers mate been a real help i have got one of those boost controllers already will in stall intercooler and i will up the fuel i will give it a try myself first im pretty mecanically minded if i **** it up i will just quickly take it to a diesel mechanic and tell everyone i did myself. hahaha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts