Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Nissan Patrol Wagon, Manual ZD30
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a way to run a boost gauge without having to drill into my intercooler. Is there any way. Spoke to a mechanic who suggested a T piece through this line but wanted to get opinions to be sure. If this won't work where else Can I put the T piece
Snapchat-1738053816.jpg

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,210 Posts
No no no! Lol, that line should be vacuum to the vacuum solenoid. You can buy a device that goes between the Intercooler and MAP which you can plug into for a boost gauge. I think I might have put a pic in ZD30DI section on NADS, so check out the link in my signature, it really is no big drama welding a fitting into either of the steel lines into and out of the IC, this other bit is convenient though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No no no! Lol, that line should be vacuum to the vacuum solenoid. You can buy a device that goes between the Intercooler and MAP which you can plug into for a boost gauge. I think I might have put a pic in ZD30DI section on NADS, so check out the link in my signature, it really is no big drama welding a fitting into either of the steel lines into and out of the IC, this other bit is convenient though.
Yes, I've seen this piece before, and I was pretty sure that line wouldn't work cause the guy said it ran to the waste gate (which we don't have). The reason I don't want to drill into the ic is cause I have no welder, and can't find a fitting for the 2.5mm hose I was given in the saas gauge. Do you have a link for the adapter on ebay?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,210 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,660 Posts
As Geeyoutoo mentioned. A MAP adaptor is the way to go in your situation.
I highly recommend getting the Turbosmart one as it has a much lower profile than the bulk of the ones out there. It also has 2 instead outlets so it will make the job a lot easier in the future if you want to install a Tillix valve for boost control. You can get blanking plugs very cheap from most automotive shops and ebay to blank off the 2nd outlet until you need it.
Turbosmart part number: TS07201008

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
25,660 Posts
On another note. If you do want to install a Tillix valve in the future. Do not get the mechanic you mentioned to do the job as he has no idea about ZD30 engines other than how to change the oil. Follow the comprehensive instructions that come with it and do it yourself. We are always happy to help if you get stuck. Not to mention that the owner and designer of the Tillix valve, Lindsay (Dieseltuner on here) is always happy to help anyone that has bought a Tillix valve and is having problems installing or tuning it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As Geeyoutoo mentioned. A MAP adaptor is the way to go in your situation.
I highly recommend getting the Turbosmart one as it has a much lower profile than the bulk of the ones out there. It also has 2 instead outlets so it will make the job a lot easier in the future if you want to install a Tillix valve for boost control. You can get blanking plugs very cheap from most automotive shops and ebay to blank off the 2nd outlet until you need it.
Turbosmart part number: TS07201008

Thankyou I'm gonna order 1 of these now. What sort of plugs do you suggest using, do they have a specific name? Also do you know what hose size works with them? I have a feeling my 2.5 mm hose is too small just by looking at it

·
Premium Member
25,660 Posts
Thankyou I'm gonna order 1 of these now. What sort of plugs do you suggest using, do they have a specific name? Also do you know what hose size works with them? I have a feeling my 2.5 mm hose is too small just by looking at it
Thread sizes for boost related gauges and adaptors are usually 1/8" npt. You can get 1/8" npt fittings with barbs small enough to suit your hose size.
Blanking plug is the specific name for the plug to block off the 2nd port.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts