Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a big deal if the boost gauge has vacume on it????? just have seen a few good deals with the vacume part on the gauge, and thought it did not matter I would get one.
any ideas!

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,638 Posts
Yes it is. Get the correct gauges.
You loose a lot of increments when you have vac as well. Half the gauge is wasted. The gauge is designed for a petrol motor.

Same goes for the EGT gauge that goes past 1200c. It is for a petrol motor as well.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,638 Posts
Both Autometer & VDO make the correct gauges.
Worth the $$ for peace of mind.

·
Registered
9,501 Posts
Yeah, I have a VDO that goes from 30in Hg (vac) to 25 psi (boost) I have only ever seen it go to just less than 5in Hg vac when I was backing off from 135km/h. So yes the vac part is probably wasted. Normal driving it is between 0 and 15 psi most of the time. I can still read it OK when its at 15 to 18 psi but it would be nice to have a bigger scale (or bigger increment spacing I mean).

If you can get one at a reasonable price with 0 to 25 or 30 psi then go for it.

·
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so I have found a speco gauge but i belive this brand is not all that great, kind of a no name gauge. I have found an auto meter one that is 2 5/8 for $97 to the door.

·
nissan
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
might be worth a look in. will see if I can get a good deal down at auto barn.
I would like something a little bigger then 2" , you know some bling bling for the old girl to math the new bling zorst she has.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
VDO make a boost only gauge that will go to 30psi atleast. But really it dosent matter.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I have a few speco and VDO. the speco look a bit more cheaply made. the hose kit on both are pretty crappy.

Go the 2 inch, no need for bigger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts